Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

First Pregnancy
lauraleemartin posted:
Hi Ladies!
Husband and I just found out this last weekend we are expecting our first! I am 5 weeks today. I have been scheduled for an ultrasound next monday (I will be 5 weeks, 5 days). Does anyone know if I will be able to see the baby's heartbeat yet, or is it still to early??

jlc78 responded:
It's still too early to see a heartbeat. Most likely you won't see much at all. Maybe just the gestational sac. Possibly the yolk sac.
Me(32) DH(33) and our babes DS(3) DD(2) and Baby 3 due 8/4 ... yellow team!

beautyismyname responded:
Congratulations Laura! I found out I was pregnant this past Friday and I'm 5 weeks as well.I have my first OB visit on Tuesday. SIgn up for whattoexpect.com. Every day you will receive an email that tells you what your baby is doing this week. Actually this week the baby's heart is developing and by the 6th week you can be seen on ultrasound!

twinashley responded:
congratulations! my husband & i just found out yesterday that we are expecting!! it's so exciting. i haven't made my first appointment yet, we are waiting until after the New Year. As of now, we are only 2 wk & 4 dy. good luck to you!

rosecam responded:
Congratulations! 5 weeks 5 days will be too early to see a heartbeat. I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks where we saw the yolk sak (which looked like a dark circle inside the uterus), and an ultrasound at 6 weeks where we saw the yolk sak and the fetal pole (which looked like a white dot inside the dark circle inside the uterus) but no heartbeat yet. You should be able to see the yolk sak but I'm not sure if you'll see the fetal pole yet. Either way, it's exciting!
Rose (31), DH (32). Tried to conceive for over 2 years w/ 4 IVFs and 2 FETs. Finally pregnant and so excited!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi all, I'm 36yrs old. 4th pregnancy last 2 were chemical pregnancies and were lost within 7 weeks no known cause except that I tested positive fo...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.