Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Taking Your Vitamins
bsarazin posted:
I just kind of wanted to get a feel from the group about prenatal vitamins. I know that they are very important. However, I have been so sick in the mornings that I can't psych myself up to swallowing those little "gaggers". Has anyone else had the same problem? Any suggestions??

jlc78 responded:
I'm having a hard time as well. I tried taking them in the middle of the day. At night. Nothing is helping. I've pretty much given up and am taking DD's chewable Flintstone vitamins.
Me(32) DH(33) and our babes DS(3) DD(2) and Baby 3 due 8/4 ... yellow team!

sdadkin responded:
Lurking from 2nd trimester... They sell gummy prenatal vitamins now. I have seen them at Walmart and maybe Kroger's. You could try those and see if they're easier to swallow. HTH.
Me (25) SO (25) DS (7/22/09) EDD (5/10/11)

butterfly0 replied to sdadkin's response:
hey!! i use the gummy chewable prenatal vitamins.. they are kinda coated with a sugary substance and are actually pretty good. sometimes i want to eat more than 2. with my first pregnancy i had to use chewable finstones because everything i tried made me sooo sick.. the name of the vitamins is vita-fusion prenatals. i get them at walmart for a little over 11 dollars.. i hope this helps..

maryjade2008 responded:
Take it right before you eat... It was the only way I could keep them from coming up with DD
Me(23), DH(25), DD(2), EDD 06/11/11

LisaW09 responded:
What works for me is eating cereal as soon as I wake up. Then I wait for about 20 minutes and then take my vitamins. I take it with warm peppermint (100% peppermint, no other ingredients) tea. Cold beverages do not sit well in the morning for me.

jeylianasmomma responded:
I take 2 flinstone gummies a day and I dont feel as sick as when I take those nasty prenatals. Dr. recommended!
Jenn 24, DH Jeff 24, Kailia 5, Jeffrey Jr 3, Jeyliana 16 mos. Baby number 4 due 8/16/11. What an adventure.

Junie6177 replied to jlc78's response:
I also take the Flintstone gummies (take 2- you can take 2 regular if you don't like the gummy texture). They don't make me feel queasy at all. I had a terrible time with regular prenatal vitamins and couldn't keep them down.
Trigs in sig: Me(33), DH(35), DS(15), DS(12), TTC since 12/08, m/c (5/09 and 1/10, both @ 5 weeks) BFP 10-6-10; EDD 6-15-11!

Supergurl17 responded:
I take mine at night as prenatals can cause nausea and I've had no problems.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Had my first child, my son Brodie, on July 4th 2008 by emergency C-section. Miscarried my 2nd baby at 12 weeks on November 2, 2010. Am not pregnant ag...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.