Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Possible 1st Pregnancy.....looking for advice.
An_218010 posted:
Hello everyone, sorry if this is long, just looking for as much info as possible. So my period was due 12/29, that mornig when I woke up, I took a First Responce HPT. Being half asleep I confused the directions for the HTP with that of the OPK tests I have been using. So instead of waiting the full 5 minutes I only waited 3 but there was 2 lines, the 2nd was faint but there. This morning I took a First Responce digital test. This time I made sure I had the directions with me and did the test right. Well not even a minute passed and it had a YES+!!!

Now as for symptoms I have noticed I have been a little more tired then normal. My nipples have felt sensitive but not all day long, only if brushed the wrong way or my bra is to tight. The past 2 days, its not happening all day but every now and then I feel like period cramps in my lower belly.

I already had an appointment for my yearly exam in 2 weeks so I hope it will be ok to wait until then to have a test done. I had switched to taking OTC prenatal vitamin since we decided to try and I always take a calcium supplement. So hopefully this is a good start if in fact I am pregnant and the tests are not false.

I guess I just want to know if anyone out there has had symptoms compareable to me? Also could anyone share what types of HPT's they have uesd and had true results? I've read the the best tests have a lower mIu/ml are the most sensative to pick up hCG levels. I for the life of me can't find this on the box. Would you suggest I wait a week and retake the tests? I have 1 more of each type I used above.

Thank you all in advance for your insight and help. I will be keeping my fingers crossed I am in fact pregnant but I think until the doctor says it I am going to be a nervous I am going to use the bath room and find my period to greet me.

***Happy New Year***

ksay6306 responded:
Trigs in sig...

Symptoms vary from person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy. It is not uncommon to not have many symptoms till week 6 or 7.

As far as tests go, false positives are very rare and the fact that you have had two BFP's then I would say that it is safe to say you are. I've almost always tested first with the dollar store tests. I've been trying too long to spend that much money on tests every month. I've always gotten a positive the day my period was late. There are some websites out there that will tell you what levels are needed to come back positive. I would just google it. Hope this helps.

Congrats and I hope you have a happy and healthy nine months!

lenono97 responded:
Your symptoms sound very similar to mine. Like the PP said, every woman is different. I would say you are pregnant. HPT tests typically don't lie! I have always used the generic store brands and had sucess with both. Good luck!

OurBaby0911 responded:
Hi sweetie, I want to say congrats because everything you just said minus the tenderness of breast, mine are tender all the time, sounds like you are pregnant. If I may ask when was the first day of your last period? But let me start from the beginning, I too was supposed to get my period this week....more like Jan 1st or 2nd. My nipples I should say better have been a bit more sensitive and I thought maybe I was pregnant so I used First Response, to me first response is the best and most accurate. My cousin who is 5 months now used first response; my best friend used first response as well and she just had her son in Sept. I know of a lot of people who prefer first response, they are very much the best brand to use. I took the first test and it said positive but the 2nd line was faint too, so I took another one (came 3 in a box) and that too came out positive....then the next morning my first pee I took the last test and that came out positive again. So I know for sure I am prego, I also have never ever missed my period except for when I was pregnant for the first time in May. My nipples are always tender, not just sometimes. If you have cramping that can be from the egg planting itself, making a home. If you have bleeding along with the cramping then call your doctor. That happened to me in June and had a miscarriage, this is our 2nd pregnancy, I have a great feeling about this one thou.....I have had the same symptoms as you and used the same test as you did, if you want to make sure yourself.....wait till tomorrow morning an take a test during your fist pee, that's when you can get the best results. Think all positive, I can tell you really want this to be true and I hope its true too. Just be happy and think positive. I hope this has helped ease you a bit. Also every woman's body is different, maybe your nipples aren't so sensitive now but maybe in a week or 2 they will be and one last thing although I am only 4weeks, I started taking Woman's One a Day Prenatal Vitamins with DHA/EPA and it has has 800 mcg of Folic Acid as well which is good for the growing of the spinal cord. Whatever brand you are using for prenatal vitamins, just make sure it has at least 400 mcg of Folic acid....let me know how it goes as I pray you are pregnant (although I truly feel that you are) take care

MrsPiper responded:
I've used lots of brands of HPT's and gotten accurate results with all of them. And I've also learned that even a very faint line should be counted as a positive. (Made the mistake once of thinking it was an evaporation line only to find out a couple of weeks later it had been a positive result.) Unless your dr. does a blood test, the test in the office will be basically the same as the one you've used, so try to have confidence in the results, and enjoy it! Your symptoms sound pretty similar to my very early pregnancy symptoms, too. I usually feel some cramping or sometimes even uterine tightening. I think this is from implantation, so that's a good sign. You probably won't have many other symptoms like nausea or cravings for a couple of weeks. Congratulations on your great news and Happy New Year!
Me (29), DH (33), DS (9), DS (5), DS (4), DS (2), 5 EDD 7/31/11

TeriP10 replied to MrsPiper's response:
Thank you Everyone for your posts and sharing information with me. I did take another test this morning, I officially will agree that I am pregnant. The 2nd line is appearing so much faster. I am so excited that I am not even sure I could find the words to express it. 2011 is looking to be off to a great start already. Although, I haven't told a single person yet, I will wait until after my doctors appointment in 2 weeks.

Ourbaby09/11 my last period was 11/29/10 so according to the webmd due date calculater I am looking at September for a due date. As for the prenatal I've been taking it is a chewable w 800 mcg of folic acid which I found at Walmart. I have a lap band so I am limited on what I can take and also finding information on other lab band pregnancys has been a challenge so far
The cramping I was feeling over the past few days has been very slight today, only noticed it maybe 2 or 3 times though out the day.

Once I go to the doctor I will post to this post what she says. Thank you all so much.

**I wish you all happy heathy pregnancys if you are pregnant. I send you great wishes if you are trying to get pregnant. And of course a very happy, heathly 2011. (I've posted with my name this time TeriP10))**

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! My name is Lydia. My DH and I have been married for a year May 30. We started TTC in November and got our BFP on 4/18/2010. This will be my sec...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.