Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Just wondering
Amethyst2011 posted:
Hi im carole and a mother of 5 wonderful children with whom are 1 daughter 7 and my boys are 6, 5, 3, 16 months old! Now im pregnant again with my 6th child, well i had to have a surgical procedure done called a leep procedure which they take out a good chunk of your cervix, well my doctor had said if i got pregnant again that i would have to go back in and get another outpatient procedure done to be sown back up! I was wondering if anyone else had this done and what if any complicaitons they have had b/c im worried of miscarrying which is a possibility among other things!

sdadkin responded:
Lurking...

I had a leep procedure done when my son was only a couple months old (he's now 17 months). Maybe mine wasn't as severe as yours or something because it only took me a couple days to recover. I had a pap smear a few months after that and the dr said everything looked great. I am now 23 weeks pregnant with my second child and have had no complications whatsoever. Maybe your dr just assumed that if you got pregnant again that the same thing might happen that caused you to need the leep procedure in the first place?
Me (25) SO (25) DS (7/22/09) EDD (5/10/11)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 and I have been married since June 24th, 2007. I have been with my DH since 2002. I am a stay at home mom and babysitter. We have a wonderful ...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.