Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Hyperemesis
lauraleemartin posted:
Anyone else suffering from hyperemesis? I have been nauseous and vomiting for two weeks now. I had to be hospitalized last week for IV fluids. I now have to have IV fluids in my home. I literally can't keep anything down... I am so miserable. Anyone ever gone through this, or have any tips for me???

ashandchad responded:
Yes...I had nausea and vomiting to the point I was hospitalized also with IV fluids. I had hypokalemia from all the vomiting. (low potassium, low blood sugar, and very rapid heart beat) The doctor called me in the generic form of Zofram. It is a LIFE SAVER!!!!!! I know people say you should take meds but I could not function at all. I still get nautious throughout the day but no vomiting since I started taking it. Hope this helps.

ashandchad replied to ashandchad's response:
I meant should not take meds*

lauraleemartin replied to ashandchad's response:
Yep. I couldn't keep the oral Zofran down, so I am now on a Zofran pump, and I STILL can't keep anything down!

ashandchad replied to lauraleemartin's response:
I am sooo sorry. I know you must be miserable:( After trying several prescriptions this is the only thing that works for me. Hopefuly the doctors will be able to find something that works for you too.

vtowncheergal05 responded:
I had this with my last pregnancy and was hospitalized three times. It is so awful. I am currently 5 weeks and my hyperemesis started at 6 weeks with my last pregnancy so I am dreading next week. The thought of having to go through that now that I have a job (as a teacher) and am in grad school full time is unreal. People that don't have this form of morning sickness don't understand that you literally can't even drink water. My other pregnant friend said to me I feel so sick that I wish I would throw up and I wanted to pass out because I couldn't stop throwing up! I suffered from mine till I was 18 weeks and felt sick till 24 weeks. At 18 weeks my doctor told me to take Unisom B and half of a B6 everynight. I don't know if it was a conincidence, but I stopped throwing up once I took these pills before bed.
I am going to ask for some Zofran at my appointment next week cause I did not get to try that with my last pregnancy.
ME (23) DH (25) Aubree (1- Born Aug 6, 2009) BFP on December 31, 2010 EDD Sept 12, 2011! Team Yellow!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello - I'm Bethany (25), DH (26). We married Sept. 19,2009. After a few months of trying - we got our first positive HPT July 30th! Expecting our...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.