Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

CURIOSITY QUESTION
An_218027 posted:
I have a question that hopefully most of you could imput on. It is more of a poll really. When did you start having pregnancy symptoms? I personally did not have any symptoms for quite some time, but I see people talking about how they missed their period and they are sick and breasts are sore. Since I had none of this until almost the second tri, I was wondering what some of your experiences are. If you could tell what started and when, I would love to hear it! Also, what your worst symptom is up to this point where you are.

lauraleemartin responded:
I started having sore boobs, fatigue, and nausea at 5 weeks. The nausea soon progressed to vomiting at 6 weeks. I am now 9 weeks and I can't keep any food or drink down. My mother also had very difficult first trimesters. I am hoping mine resolves soon into the second trimester!

mommyin2011 responded:
I found out I was pregnant at 4 wks. My first noticeable symptoms was fatigue. I was tired all the time. Next came the sore. sore breasts. This happened about the 6wk. They finally stopped hurting (im 11wks3dys). I got a little nausea here and there (mostly at night) and this started around wk 7 or so. Never had any morning sickness (thank God!). Got to see my little baby on the 10th of this month!! He/She was dancing!!! moving his/her arms up and down and opening and closing his/her hands!!

good luck on your pregnancy!!!
Me (28) DH (26) 2 fur babies - BFP on 11/25/10! EDD: 7/31/11

ashandchad responded:
I am 9 wks and 6 days:) I started having sore breasts about 3 or 4 days before my missed period as well as sore gums. My worst symptom is all day/night sickness. I started having that at about 5 weeks:( My doctor gave me the generic form of Zofram and it helps a lot. Still nautious at night but no vomiting since I started taking it!!!

marchbabee replied to ashandchad's response:
I started having mild cramping before my missed period and found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks. All day nausea started around 5 weeks and last until week 7. I never got sick, but no foods sounded good for 2 weeks. Then, foods started sounding good again, which is good b/c I feel sick when I'm hungry. Now, I'm trying to add in healthy snacks to curb my bouts of nausea. I'm 11w1d and still pretty tired (CANNOT wake up in the morning unless I've had 10 hours of sleep!) and breasts/nipples are still sore. They were definitely more sore earlier on, to the point where a bra hurt, but they're not so bad anymore! Congratulations to you!

ashandchad replied to marchbabee's response:
Thanks:) Congrats to you too! Im the same way. I can't get out of bed without at least 10 hours of sleep and i'm back on the couch by 7 at night. lol

MrsPiper responded:
This is my 5th pg. and the symptoms have been a little different each time. First one, I had implantation spotting (mistook it for a light period) at about 3 wks. With the second my first symptom was actually like braxton-hicks kind of, but with a small uterus. It felt like I had a little rock under the waist-band of my jeans. With my 3rd, I thought I was anemic or something. My 2nd was still just a yr. old, and I kept falling asleep ALL the time. I would sit down in a chair, and a minute later I was sleeping. With #4, I honestly can't remember my first symptoms. LOL! This time, I had some cramps right around the time I missed my period, and then at about 5 wks. I started burping like crazy. Even from just drinking water. It was pretty gross! So I think the symptoms can really vary, even for one woman.
Me (29), DH (33), DS (9), DS (5), DS (4), DS (2), 5 EDD 7/31/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

me 28, DH 28, DD 9/25/08, Baby #2 9/24/2010, two mini schnauzers!!! We are die hard Kansas State University fans and bleed PURPLE!!! GO STATE!

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.