Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Introduction... I'm Back!!!
True_Texan posted:
Hey Ladies!!!

My name is Sarah, I'm 25 and have a six month old daughter named Jocelyn. I found out at midnight that I'm pregnant with my second child and I'm a little bit in shock, even though DH and I were trying.

I didn't think it would actually happen this month because DH was only home for a couple of weeks over Christmas/New Years so I was pretty darn surprised to see that second line pop up on the test. DH is in the Army and has been in Georgia for training and we had talked about trying next month when we all get to his first permanent station, but since he was home for the holidays we decided, why not try now?

After the shock wears off I'm sure the excitement will kick in, but I'll admit I'm sort of worried about a couple of things. 1) I'm about to make a move from Texas to Kentucky and I will be making the drive with DD by myself. I've made a drive that distance alone with her before, but not while pregnant. Based on my pregnancy with her that's about the time the exhaustion will kick in. 2) I developed preeclampsia with DD and had an emergency c/s at 36 weeks. After having her I came to peace with the fact that I may have those complications again but I'm still a little worried. That may be due mostly to the fact that I won't be able to use the same Dr since I'm moving. I'm also a little worried about having to use a military Dr so I may look into other options if possible. If anyone knows and good OBs in the Hopkinsville, KY or Clarksville, TN areas I'll take your recommendations!

If you made it all the way through this then thanks for reading and congratulations on your own pregnancy!

P.S. I almost forgot to say, but I should be due somewhere around the 25th of September.

MrsPiper responded:
Congratulations! Even though you have a lot on your mind, and for good reason. I completely understand the mixed emotions. This is #5 for me, and at the beginning my first thought was, I don't know if I want to do this again! But over the next couple weeks my inner-mom won out. She's always ready for one more. :) I just want to say how much I admire you military moms. The way you plan your families and lives around deployments and new stations is amazing. I have military family and friends, and I just admire that so much! So thanks, to you and your husband. :) I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you.
Me (29), DH (33), DS (9), DS (5), DS (4), DS (2), 5 EDD 7/31/11

hmrm1020 responded:
Congratulations and welcome. I hope and pray that this pregnancy will be different and things will go smoothly for you. As far as the drive by yourself...take lots of breaks! I want to thank you and your husband for what you do for our country and our freedom. I give you a lot of credit for being strong while your husband is away. Good luck and just remember we are here to listen anytime!

Me(32), DH(40), DD(10), DS(6), DD(4), DS(1), #5 EDD 7-27-2011

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been married for 5 years. I just found out that I am pregnant! Have not even been to the doctor yet, but I think I should be due...More

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 80 found this helpful