Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Earliest you can find our gender of baby
ashandchad posted:
I have a doctors appt tomorrow. I will be 11 wks 5 days. I know it is prob too early to find out the gender but I go to the doctors every 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone ever found out at almost 14 weeks? What is the earliest any of yall have found out? Does the gender predictor test you can get at Wal-Mart really work?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

marchbabee responded:
I'm not sure about the gender predictor tests at Wal-Mart. Someone else will have to speak to that. But, my tech told me (at our 7week dating ultrasound) that she doesn't reccommend techs telling patients until 20 weeks. She said she's known some to tell at 12w, but she said it's just too early to say with any finality that that's what you're having. But, I'm sure there are people out there that found out before 20 weeks! I just wanted you to know what my tech said...all are different! HTH!

marchbabee responded:
I just tried to post, but I'm not sure it worked! So, here we go again!
What I said before was that my tech told me when we went in for the dating ultrasound, that techs won't usually tell until the 20 week ultrasound. She said some will tell as early as 12 weeks, but there is too much uncertainty with that that she doesn't reccommend it. But, I'm sure each tech is different! HTH!

ashandchad replied to marchbabee's response:
Thanks! My doctor is the one who does the ultrasounds. It is a very small office. I was hoping he would be able to tell me but it probably is best to wait so I can be sure!

marchbabee replied to ashandchad's response:
Exactly...the tech told me that wouldn't it be terrible if they told you one thing, and you come to find out later, it's a different one? But, who knows, maybe he/she will know! Good luck at your appointment

maidenfairhair responded:
I had a friend who was told she was having a girl at something like 16 weeks and at the next u/s they found a penis! She already had two boys and was so heartbroken. Of course, she loves the boys just the same but I would be so frustrated if I was told one thing and then another later.
Me (25) DBF (27) Fur Baby, Henry (2)

kailiasmomma replied to maidenfairhair's response:
I found out with all 3 of my pregnancies the gender at 12 weeks. But I also knew exactly what they were the moment I found out I was pregnant so it wasnt much of a surprise!

marchbabee replied to kailiasmomma's response:
I wish I had an idea of what I was having. My sister-in-law said she knew all along she was having a boy with her first. Now, she went to Target to do some shopping since she's pregnant again, and she said she only looked at girl clothes! At first I was thinking a boy, but now I'm leaning more towards girl. To me, with my m/c history, it doesn't matter, I just want one that's healthy!!!

I really dont have a preference either way, I would just like to know so I could do some shopping! My fiancee really wants a boy, but I just want a healthy baby! It would be really great to be able to find out today at my appt!

vtowncheergal05 responded:
I know this is going to sound crazy, but when my sister in law went for an ultrasound around 10-12 weeks her doctor said she thought it was a girl because of how a bone was facing! I think it would be a bone in that private region. So a really experienced person might be able to tell you that early.
ME (23) DH (25) Aubree (1- Born Aug 6, 2009) BFP on December 31, 2010 EDD Sept 12, 2011! Team Yellow!

marchbabee replied to vtowncheergal05's response:
that doesn't sound crazy at all! Ashandchad, was the doctor able to tell you anything at your appointment?

No not really. He said he would be able to possibly tell at my next appt if I was having a boy but a girl would most likely be 19-24 weeks before he would be able to 100% call it. I did get some good news though, I have been having to go to the doctor every two weeks and have an ultrasound and now I was told we could try every 4 weeks for a while! The news made me so much more relieved that everything with the baby is ok. So my next appt is Feb 22 and I will be 16 weeks! Yay!! I

marchbabee replied to ashandchad's response:
That's wonderful news! Here's to the 16 week appointment going just as smoothly

EMoore1622 responded:
I found out at almost 16 weeks that I was pregnant with a boy. the doc told me its best to wait but being that it was very obvious she saw a penis that it was a boy, but to really wait until the 20 week ultra sound. It was a boy though:) I have three boys now and all the ultra sound techs have told me its easiest to see a boy. Many times ultra sound techs can't tell you what your having because the way the baby is positioned, I've been told those turn out to be girls more often.

Efyoung26 responded:
I think it'd be pretty close. It all depends on what sex the baby is and how he or she is laying at the time. I've heard that 12 weeks is really when the parts start to become noticeably different (because they both form from the same beginnings). That's still pretty early, but you never know. We found out were having a baby boy at 14 weeks 3 days. They were doubtful because it was "early" but baby cooperated and it was clear as day that it was a boy! I could even tell, which is saying something my cousin found out shes having a boy at 12 weeks 5 days. Not sure about the gender predictors... Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DH and I are 36-yrs old and excited to be having another child. We thought we were finished, but we are just got news otherwise. Our DD (4), is the...More

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful