Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Gas..eep help
crumcake posted:
I looked at the discussion board and haven't seen it mentioned - but is anyone else having a problem with gas?

Not so much tooting, but I'm having a terrible time with gas in the last week (I'm betwen 9&10wks). My stomach has become painfully swollen almost everyday.

I can't figure out what food makes it better or worse, b/c it seems like nothing is good.

I've tried hot (decaf) tea, which helped prior to pregnancy, but to no avail.

Any tips or suggestions? I'd welcome ANYTHING :)

marchbabee responded:
I just answered your other post in the previous discussion. But, I have found tums helped me. But, right now I'm in agony too! I don't feel the need to toot, but there is so much air build up, it can't be healthy!
Right now all foods do it to me...it doesn't matter what I eat. By the end of the day I have extreme bloat!

crumcake replied to marchbabee's response:
I'm trying something today...after each meal I'm going to drink hot water with either lime or this ginger/lemon tea I have.

I read that hot water with lemon would help, but I didn't have any lemons at the house. I'm hoping anything with acidity will cut through the air.

I'll let you know if it works...

marchbabee replied to crumcake's response:
Yes! Let me know how it works b/c I was in agony yesterday! HAHA! I also think I pin pointed what made it so bad yesterday as opposed to other days: I ate hummus with my carrot sticks. Hummus gave me gas even before I was pregnant, but it sounded so good at the time! Maybe I'll try to avoid that today, and things will be better. I mean, I'll still have gas, but maybe not as painful!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Do let me know if that works too! I am early in bregnancy between 4-8 weeks but am having that issue now. That an I am pretty tired too. Any ideas for that would be helpful too.

crumcake replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Okay, 24hours later....drinking hot water with either lime or the ginger/lemon tea seemed to have worked. I didn't have any problems yesterday and that was after eating rice & beans(!) for lunch. It was a little annoying drinking nothing but warm/hot water, but at least it's winter time.

As an aside, I did call my doctor and she said I could have GasX. Not sure if that holds true for everyone, but figured I'd let you know.

I think I'll put this in the tip section :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Heather (27), DH (36), DS (3), DS, (1), MC 4/8/10 @ 7wks

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.