Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Planning a wedding!
maidenfairhair posted:
Since DBF and I found out that we're pregnant we decided to get married. This was our plan all along, just happening faster than we planned! I'm only 5w 2d, feeling super run down and a little icky. We settled on April 9 for the wedding and it seems SO close and we have SO much to do! I'm also finishing school, trying to find insurance, etc. Has anyone else planned a wedding while pregnant? I'm so lucky to have an incredible amount of support between both our families but I'm feeling so overwhelmed. Just some kind words would be helpful! :) Thank you!
Me (25) DBF (27) Fur Baby, Henry (2)

marchbabee responded:
While I wasn't preggo when planning mine, my sister-in-law was. They got married in Vegas at the Belagio is it was amazing! I thought Vegas=corny wedding w/Elvis, but this was truly beautiful. She liked going that route because they planned everything for her. She made her own invitations; there weren't many because no one lives in Vegas, and they knew not many could make the treck out there. But, once they were married, my in-laws threw them a reception back at home that everyone could attend.
So, my suggestion, if Vegas isn't your bag, is find a place that is all inclusive and will make planning a breeze. See if you can find a hotel that will have the ceremony, reception and offer rooms to your guests! Or, if that's not possible due to your faith, get married in a church, but have everything else in one location. HTH and enjoy the ride. How exciting that you are planning to expand your family and get married. The day will fly by and be over before you know it, so enjoy :)

crumcake responded:
Best Wishes!

I've also been very tired at times, but have heard that it will pass. I found that a little exercise helped me get back some energy (even though I was reluctant to start it b/c I was tired!) Yoga seems to help me.

A good tip is probably to pounce in those moments when you do have the energy.

And remember, a wedding is just one day. Don't get too caught up in the fussy details, the biggest detail is that you love and support eachother and want to be together.

camnfaithsmom responded:
Lurking from 3rd tri...
I am 29 weeks along and planning my wedding. While we aren't getting married this year it is extremely overwhelming and tiring. I am trying to relax and not stress over it too much because my little one is due in April so right now I am trying to make the last weeks of my pregnancy enjoyable and memorable!!! I wish you the best and good luck with the wedding and your little one.
Me-27, Eric-29, Cameron- 10, Faith-3, Serenity- 1, EDD 4/10/11

ashandchad replied to camnfaithsmom's response:
I am 12 weeks and am getting married Saturday. We also have been planning on getting married for a few months but just picked a date last month. Im not really worried about the details. Im sure it will fall into place and be great. Just as yours will be because it is your wedding. I was getting a little stressed with all the details especially since I would have been fine going to the JP. It is important to my fiancee to have a wedding. The only thing I am worried about is my dress fitting. I know I just bought it a couple of weeks ago but it fit perfect and I know I am showing more now. Don't worry MaidenFairHair, your wedding will be wonderful because its yours. Dont stress about the small stuff because in the end it dosnt matter. All that matter really are the vows. Everything will fall into place :)

maidenfairhair replied to ashandchad's response:
Thank you so much everyone! Luckily I already knew where I wanted to get married, my parent's backyard, and that we wanted a really small ceremony. Like I said, I have an incredible support system that is taking care of a lot of the details (with my permission and such) so I can focus on finishing my last quarter of school, I'll be done March 15, woohoo! It just seems crazy that we have a little over two months to plan everything! I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one crazy enough to try something like this. :) I'm trying to sit back and enjoy the ride!

Amber
Me (25) DBF (27) Fur Baby, Henry (2)

marchbabee replied to maidenfairhair's response:
That is great that you have such a strong support system. It will be a beautiful day for a beautiful love. Congrats on your pregnancy and addition to your family! And delegate, delegate, delegate :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Amber I am 31, DH is Terry and he is 32. This is our first pregnancy and while it came as a suprise, it is a very welcome one! Our only cur...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.