Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

I'M BACK!!! question for those early in pregnancy
5ylver posted:
I have a beautiful 7 month old daughter who I love more than anything she is my world and now she is going to have a sibling. IDK how far along I am yet. I had my period last month and tested before that period many times and it was negative so I can't be too far along.

I have been struggling to accept my body after my first pregnancy. I made a new years resolution to lose weight. I hate my thighs rubbing together when I walk. I have a small frame except for my butt and thighs. That's where my weight lingered after pregnancy. I went from 130 pounds and at my last appointment before labor I was 182! now just over 7 months later I'm at 160. Not so much at the stomach, yes a little but mostly at my thighs and butt. It makes me sad to see pics of me before my first pregnancy and can't help but to think "man I looked good... looked, past tense" I promised to get back into shape and hopefully get back my dancer body but I found out Iam pregnant. I couldn't be happier to give my daughter a sibling and have a new bundle of joy. This time I want to avoid gaining 50 pounds.

The only questions I have are:
1. Is it ok for me to lose weight? I realize that sounds ridiculous, I guess I really mean to gain less weight. I'd like to work on my thighs ASAP

2. Can I start working out? normally it's ok for those who already have been doing it routinely to continue but moderate. I hadn't been since before I found out I was pregnant with my first which was well over a year ago. I'd like to start going for walks/power walks in the morning and maybe buying myself one of those yoga dvds for pregnant women and of course cutting back on the fatty foods.

3. What are you ladies doing to control your weight gain? how is it working for you? What does your daily diet consist of?

Ihgirl1066 responded:
Hi I remember you, I have a 9 month old son and just found out today that we are pregnant again and due at the end of sept!! Glad to see Im not the only one that just had a baby and am preggo again!

ashandchad responded:
Congrats!! !:) You can by all means work out as long as your pregnancy is going smoothly. Just dont over do it. You should not intentionally lose weight while you are pregnant. I heard my doctor telling a woman that at my last appt. This will be my first baby so I really dont know what to say about the controlling your weight part later in pregnancy. Good Luck!

Lcockrum31 responded:
Congratulations on another LO!

1. It is not okay to try and lose weight during pregnancy. The little one (as well as yourself) need the nutrients to grow and sustain energy.

2. Doctors as well as everything else I've read recommend that you get moderate exercise every day. Especially in early pregnancy, they say it can help to enhance your mood. :)

3. I gained 50lbs with my first and 19lbs with my second. I had gestational diabetes with my second pregnancy and it forced me to eat in a healthy manner.

The main thing is to stay active and everything in moderation. Good luck!!
Linda(25), Aaron(33), Everett (2/26/2008), Samuel (12/17/2009), BABY 3!! (EDD: 9/25/2011)

marchbabee replied to Lcockrum31's response:
I agree with all of the PP's. You can't lose weight, but you can be careful with how much weight you gain with the second one. When you meet with your doctor, they will tell you how much weight you should gain, based on your weight right now. When choosing foods, make healthy choices like whole grains, high protein and lots of fresh fruits and veggies. While you won't lose weight, you can maintain a healthy weight gain.
On the topic of exercies, moderate exercise is fine. Walking and light weights should be good unless you experience bleeding or cramping afterwards. Then, you need to contact your doctor. But, if you had a work out routine before, you can certainly keep it up. Just modify it. Again, talk with your doc about exercises you can and can't do. Prenatal Yoga is a wonderful addition to your workout. Plus, it strengthens muscles that you will need during child birth.
Best of luck to you and congrats on your pregnancy!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Shannon. My daughter is 2 and we found out she's going to have a brother or sister. No US yet but a tenative due date of 1/17/2011.

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.