Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Joining you! I think???
nyak3911 posted:
Hi ladies,
So I believe I am joining you- I think?? I am a bit confused, and I don't want to get ahead of myself.
My period is not due until about Sunday (I track my cycles) but I just had a 'feeling'. I have taken two HPTs yesterday and today and both have very faint line, at what I believe to be 10dpo and 11dpo respectively. The line is very faint but definitely there. I used the First Response Early Result test for both.
So, my question is, how likely is it that I really am pregnant? I don't want to get ahead of myself. I called my doctor, and they said they won't see me until 8 weeks after my last period.
What do you think? TIA!

sdadkin responded:
Lurking...

When I took my first pregnancy test with this pregnancy I too had a very faint line. So, I went out and bought a digital test just to make sure and it said "Pregnant". So, it is more than likely that if there was a second line there that you are pregnant no matter how faint the line is! Congratulations!!!
Me (25) SO (25) DS (7/22/09) EDD (5/10/11)

An_218049 responded:
I have to agree with sdadkin..... I test one day after my missed period and also got a faint line. I used the First response test too. I am in fact not 9 weeks along now with my first, yay!

Also, a close friend of mine tested 2 weeks before her missed period because she just "felt" funny. She too had a very faint line and it was pregnant.

From what I read if you get even the faintest line on those you should start to treat your body like you are pregnant.

nyak3911 responded:
Thanks girls! I guess I just don't want to get ahead of myself, but I will have to assume I am PG.

My period is not due until Sunday, so I am going to have to fight the urge to test every single day for the next few days. I'm going to try and wait so as not to spend a small fortune on HPTs!

Will keep all posted. Stick baby stick!

marchbabee replied to nyak3911's response:
I would test next with the digital like the PP said. No matter how faint the line, you are PG. When I tested for this one, it was 5 days before AF and I did it with the digital b/c I didn't want any debate about it...sure enough, it camee back BFP!

avenged1988 responded:
tested 2wks before my pd was due because i was having morning sickness (this is not my first rodeo:) ) well, there was the happy faint line and now im almost nine weeks with a healthy pregnancy (so far). good luck!!!

vtowncheergal05 responded:
I got a faint positive 9 dpo with FRER and I am currently over 8 weeks pregnant Congrats!
ME (23) DH (25) Aubree (1- Born Aug 6, 2009) BFP on December 31, 2010 EDD Sept 12, 2011! Team Yellow!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I took two of those types of tests and got faint positives too. Then I went and got the clear blue test that just flat out tells you if you are pregnant and sure enough I was. If there is a faint line its a positive none the less just means that you are early in your pregnancy. I have taken a total of 3 early response, and 2 clear blue easy and a blood test all of which were positive lol. Just wanted to be sure. Super excited. Good luck!

nyak3911 responded:
Thanks for all the input girls. Sure enough, AF was due today, and is a no show. Now that I am officially 'late' I am going to test again either tomorrow or the following day.

I was going to get a digital, but then I'm wondering if I should get more FRER tests just to compare and see if the line is darker. I actually emailed my OBGYN (LOL I know I'm weird) and told him what was going on, he also said I was probably preggo, but to test after AF and that the line should be darker. He told me if it wasn't to call me, so now I'm a bit nervous, although I'm sure it will be fine. With my 1st, I was getting negative test until AF was well over a week late. With #2, I got a dark BFP the day I was to get AF. So we shall see.

I will probably spend too much and buy both digital and the traditional 2 line test. Hoping all goes well!!

Thanks again girls, looking forward to getting to know you all

Spotlight: Member Stories

Nicole (27), DH (32), DD (4) DD (1) due sometime in July with #3! Can't wait and am so excited to meet this one!

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.