Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Can u help me guess?
Harely posted:
I had my dr. appt today, heartbeat was 167, u/s was good everything is right on for 12 weeks and 4 days, but I am having a hard time I can't wait to find out what we are having! Either way is fine, but it would be nice to have a girl, my 2 girls are 13, and 11, the rest are boys, 8, 5, 3, and 5 months, can't remember what my last little ones heartbeat was at at 12 weeks. Going to be hard to wait till 20 weeks. Any suggestions. Thanks!

Harley

earleyml1012 responded:
If I remember correctly, high is normally a girl. My babies heartbeat at 10w6d was 180, so I'm thinking we're having another girl.

marchbabee responded:
My baby's hb has always hovered between 160-170, and we found out in March we're having a boy. But, the old wive's tale does say anything 150-180 is a girl, and 130-170 is a boy. I couldn't relaly tell what I was having until they gelled me up and we saw his, ahem, stuff, for the first time

hisangelface responded:
Lurking from 3rd tri...

We are having another boy and his heartbeat at 9 weeks was 177. So, I think the old wives tales are just that... tales.

Sadly, you'll have to wait for the u/s to know for sure!
Lisa and DH (both 32). We have twin boys born May 2008 and are now expecting baby 3. BFP Oct. 5th, 2010...

mommyin2011 responded:
Lurking from 2nd tri....

When i head my babys heartbeat for the first time, i was 12 wks and it was 168 bpm...i have heard that girls have the higher h/b.....but...im having a BOY!!! so, dont always go off the h/b!!

good luck!!!
Me (28) DH (26) 2 fur babies (both 1) - 1st baby EDD: 7/31/11 - BLUE TEAM!!

Pamela11703 responded:
how have you been feeling? normal? im not anywhere near you i am only 5 or 6 weeks along but I also have a 5month old , a 3 year old and a 4 year old.. mine are all boys...

Can you tell by heartbeats??

Harely replied to Pamela11703's response:
Yea we are going to have our hands full. I am really hopign for a girl, I mean it's ok, little boys r so much fun, making sand castles, and mud pies, catching worms and finding snakes in the yard. They are all mamma's boys. My girls are daddy girls, though daddy is getting a run for his money, finding out they like to shop and like boys, my husband thinks he needs to lock them up soon! It would just b nice to have another little girl. Hate waiting. Good luck to u all!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey my name is Beth and im from Atlanta Ga im a single mother of 3 girls ages 12 8 an 3 i just fround out im expecting my forth a big shocker since iv...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful