Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Can u help me guess?
Harely posted:
I had my dr. appt today, heartbeat was 167, u/s was good everything is right on for 12 weeks and 4 days, but I am having a hard time I can't wait to find out what we are having! Either way is fine, but it would be nice to have a girl, my 2 girls are 13, and 11, the rest are boys, 8, 5, 3, and 5 months, can't remember what my last little ones heartbeat was at at 12 weeks. Going to be hard to wait till 20 weeks. Any suggestions. Thanks!

Harley

earleyml1012 responded:
If I remember correctly, high is normally a girl. My babies heartbeat at 10w6d was 180, so I'm thinking we're having another girl.

marchbabee responded:
My baby's hb has always hovered between 160-170, and we found out in March we're having a boy. But, the old wive's tale does say anything 150-180 is a girl, and 130-170 is a boy. I couldn't relaly tell what I was having until they gelled me up and we saw his, ahem, stuff, for the first time :)

hisangelface responded:
Lurking from 3rd tri...

We are having another boy and his heartbeat at 9 weeks was 177. So, I think the old wives tales are just that... tales.

Sadly, you'll have to wait for the u/s to know for sure!
Lisa and DH (both 32). We have twin boys born May 2008 and are now expecting baby 3. BFP Oct. 5th, 2010...

mommyin2011 responded:
Lurking from 2nd tri....

When i head my babys heartbeat for the first time, i was 12 wks and it was 168 bpm...i have heard that girls have the higher h/b.....but...im having a BOY!!! so, dont always go off the h/b!!

good luck!!!
Me (28) DH (26) 2 fur babies (both 1) - 1st baby EDD: 7/31/11 - BLUE TEAM!!

Pamela11703 responded:
how have you been feeling? normal? im not anywhere near you i am only 5 or 6 weeks along but I also have a 5month old , a 3 year old and a 4 year old.. mine are all boys...

Can you tell by heartbeats??

Harely replied to Pamela11703's response:
Yea we are going to have our hands full. I am really hopign for a girl, I mean it's ok, little boys r so much fun, making sand castles, and mud pies, catching worms and finding snakes in the yard. They are all mamma's boys. My girls are daddy girls, though daddy is getting a run for his money, finding out they like to shop and like boys, my husband thinks he needs to lock them up soon! It would just b nice to have another little girl. Hate waiting. Good luck to u all!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! My name is Amanda and I am on my second pregnancy. I have one DD who is 4 years old from a previous relationship. My boyfriend and I are now expec...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.