Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

bleeding
tamr8 posted:
I am almost 6 weeks...I started bleeding pretty heavily on friday. Hcg levels were 7789...wemt back two days later and they dropped...went back two days later and they increased but didnt double...so once again i had to go back and they increased but didnt double. Dr is saying to prepare for a dnc but it could turn around...friends and family say wait it out because there is still a chance that it could turn around. Please give me your thoughts on what I should do...

light76 responded:
Hello Tamr8,
I would not do a dnc as long as your HCG is going up. If you were carrying twins and now you have a singleton your HCG would first go down and then would go up. When my doctor was checking my HCG numbers he said that if the numbers go up even if they do not double they will be cautiously optimistic and still continue as if I am pregnant.

tamr8 replied to light76's response:
Thank you! What worries me is when my levels went down they only went down by hundreds...when they went up they went up by thousands...I am now above 12,000. I stopped bleeding and have all the symptoms of being pregnant...I'm afraid that my baby will not be healthy because of all these complications I have had. I have a follow up ultrasound tom am...isn't it too early to tell on an ultrasound??

mystical_skyy replied to tamr8's response:
last week i thought i was around 6 1/2 wks preg. i started spotting and cramping. doc sent me to have my hcg tested. first one was 26000 second was 50000. they gave me an internal u/s. baby measured 5 wks 6 days. they even got the hb!! so i dont think it is too early for you to tell on an u/s. of course every woman is different so i dont know for sure. good lluck and let us know what happens!!

tamr8 replied to mystical_skyy's response:
I went in this am and got both kinds of u/s and they said it is still too early so they sent me in for more blood work. Im just trying to patiently wait for the results. Congratulations on your pregnancy!! Hope all goes well

tamr8 replied to tamr8's response:
So it did not go so well. My levels are only 15,450 and no heart beat. They want me to go back next week for another ultrasound. All I can do is take it one day at a time I guess.

arosb replied to tamr8's response:
Please continue to stay optimistic for your little' one. You are still very early and heartbeats are not always found yet.. I will be praying for you!

tamr8 replied to arosb's response:
Thank you for all of your support. I did end up have a mc. I had to get a dnc. We r devistated but want to try again. I know you are supposed to wait sometime before you should try again. Anyone know how long you have to wait? How long after a mc do you ovulate?

KonaMommy replied to tamr8's response:
So sorry for your loss. When I MC in 12/10, the doctor said to wait 3 cycles before trying again. I bled for almost 3 weeks (some heavy days, many light days) following my dnc and then had my first period (which seemed dark and not "typical") about 3 weeks after the bleeding stopped. Sending warm thoughts your way during this difficult time. If it offers you any hope, I did get pregnant again the first try after waiting for 3 cycles.

charissahill replied to KonaMommy's response:
IM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. I HAD A M/S JAN 18TH, 2011 @ 6 MONTHS. I HAD A D&C AND THE DR TOLD ME TO WAIT 3 WEEKS UNTIL HAVING SEX. AGAINST MEDICAL ADVICE (WHICH I DONT SUGGEST DOING) I HAD SEX ABOUT ABOUT 2 WEEKS LATER. I GOT PREGNANT AROUND VALENTINES DAY FEB 14TH AND NOW WE ARE EXPECTING ANOTHER. I AM DUE NOV 26TH, 2011. WE ARE EXITED AND I THANK GOD FOR THIS BABY.

Pamela11703 replied to charissahill's response:
6 weeks or 6 months?
Pamela(29), DH(32), Patrick(4) 2.14.07, Ryan(3) 4.20.08, Liam(6 mos) 10.20.10, Edd 12/2/11 - Green Team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

This is our first baby, due 6/11/11!

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful