Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

I'm Concerned But Not Scared
GzWife posted:
Okay, I have this huge problem. I'm 6 or 7 weeks and some change pregnant. 6 weeks according to the ultrasounds and 7 weeks from LMP. Anyway, I have been bleeding and cramping like hell all week. I have seen two doctors and both confirm the baby is still alive. They do not know why I am having these cramps and bleeding. They rule it as a threatened miscarriage. One test did test positive for uti, but I have been taking antibiotics for it for two days now and I still am bleeding and cramping. The bleeding is light at times and medium at other times. I just can't figure out if I am going to miscarry or not. Why would I be bleeding and cramping and they baby is fine according to the drs.? Anyone every experience this? This pregnancy would be try #2. I think I am use to the fact that I'll miscarry; it's just a matter of when for me. It's just really annoying for me now.

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
Is this around the time that you would normally have your period? Because many women have what seems like a period even though they are pregnant and end up having full term, healthy babies.

God says he forms us in our mother's womb. So, He has your little one in His hands. Praying for you!
Me (31) DH (30) Hoping for 1st DS or DD by next year! God is good all the time and His mercy endures forever...be at peace!

palvarad responded:
No clue. If I may ask, what is the color of the blood? Is it light red, or deep red? I read that lighter colored blood is not good, but a deeper red might be just old blood leaving your body. I'm so sorry you're going through this, try to get as much bedrest as possible, do not lift anything heavy and try not to stress.
As for the cramping, perhaps it's just the uterus expanding and making space for your baby. I'm hoping this all passes for you and it's just your uterus expanding and that the baby is fine.
My best to you, please keep us updated.

GzWife replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
My periods were not regular ever since my last pregnancy. So it could be around this time. My drs. have both said the same thing that some women bleed thoughout their pregnancy and have healthy babies. It crossed my mind that I was having a "period" but then I thought maybe my body cant hold it. idk just random thoughts.

GzWife replied to palvarad's response:
At times it's dark and sometimes it looks fresh. I have passed a few clots and I think it's from the drs. poking around inside me that I started to bleed more and cramp. They said I could have Tylenol and that helps. I have been in bed resting for four days and the bleeding and cramps seemed to almost go away. So today I thought I'd return to work. Well now I'm having bad cramps and bleeding again after working all day. Its a desk job nothing to active. Think I should just be on bed rest?

klmem responded:
Have you had your progesterone level checked? The day I took a pregnancy test I also started bleeding. It wasn't consistent and the bleeding ranged from light to medium. My doctor put me on a progesterone gel and the bleeding has stopped. I am now 11 weeks. Cramping is also normal in early pregnancy.

palvarad replied to GzWife's response:
I definitely think you should be on bed rest, no doubt about that. Even though it may just be a desk job, it can still be stressful, and your body will react to that. I think you need to speak to your doctor about advising you for bedrest until the coast is clear.

Work is important, but the health of you and your child comes first, always.
I hope it gets better!

GzWife replied to klmem's response:
No I have never heard of such a thing. They both said theres nothing they can do to stop the bleeding. I'll mention it to the 3rd dr. I'm going to see next week. Thanks for the post!

htma4494 replied to palvarad's response:
I have heard the opposite, light pinkish blood or brown is no casue for concern, but bright almost like period blood would be a cause for concern,

An_218149 responded:
Dont let them give you Caths, I had a MC and was in the hospital alot and they cath'd me a lot. My son I was about 3 mo's and I started bleeding bad blood clots the size of your fist. I refused Cath. Believe it or not he is a healthy 11 year old boy now.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyonel, and thanks for reading my story! My name is Wendy and I'm pregnant with my 3rd child, due January 14th. I have 2 boys, 4 and 8 an...More

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.