Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

what are the chances?
An_218194 posted:
Please don't judge me.. My last period was March 16. I cheated on my boyfriend on March 26 and had unprotected sex and he did ejaculate in me. I then had sex on March 30 and 31st with my boyfriend and he pulled out ejaculated and then put it back in. I found out I was pregnant on April 29 and they stated that I was 6 weeks with a due date of December 23. I went for another ultrasound yesterday and they changed the due date to December 21. I pulled up my ovulation calculator and it said that I ovulated on March 30 by the December 21 due date and April 1 by the December 23 due date. I guess I need help deciding who the father is even though its close. What do you think the probability is?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

ReneeSP responded:
Do you know if your cycles were the same number of days each time before? That might help you pinpoint when you really ovulated, since the calendars use a standard that doesn't necessarily apply to your cycle. To be honest, it may be too close to call on this one. Because sperm can live in the vagina up to a week if conditions are right, even if you ovulated on the exact day you had sex with your boyfriend, the sperm from the 26th could still be active and could have fertilized the egg. I would say odds are better that it's your boyfriend if you ovulated that late, but the chance is still there.

klynshoe responded:
Yeah I would say this is way too close too call? Are your partners both the same race or would it be obvious when he's born that it's not your BFs? That's a tough situation. Good luck!

TWalker02840 responded:
Keep in mind that sperm can survive for up to 72 hours inside of you. Thats 5 days.

candy352 responded:
Seriously? How many times are you going to post this same thing?
Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy. --Matthew 5:7

kjensen15 replied to candy352's response:
No joke!! Wasn't it her fiance last time not her bf??

An_218195 replied to kjensen15's response:
I'm sure if its been posted again, she is still looking for answers... And just because someone changes between the name BF or fiance doesn't mean I think. I call my SO my fiance or my husband, simply because we are engaged but aren't planning to get married any time soon.. Since we live together and are committed it doesn't make much difference.. Maybe its simular. Don't need to be hateful guys.

kjensen15 replied to An_218195's response:
This is probably the 4th time she has posted this. There have been NUMEROUS responses to the question and I think she may have even seen a doctor. So no we are not being hateful its just getting annoying.

candy352 replied to kjensen15's response:
Exactly, maybe she keeps posting because she isn't getting the answers she wants. I know we are here to support each other, but it really does not help when the same question is being asked, which has already been answered SEVERAL times. Here's an answer that you haven't gotten: You are pregnant by both! Two babies are growing inside of you so each dude will get to have a baby from you.

TWalker02840 responded:
well she probably doesnt like the answers shes getting because their not easy...so I'll give her something to think about.... Your having a baby and you don't know who the daddy is...the only way to find out is to get a paternity test post-partum.... My brother is going through something very similar with his girl, who already has a baby and doesnt know who the baby daddy is & he doesn't know if the baby he though was his actually is....Don't play games with people's lives.You have options, have a baby or dont....tell the dad(s) or don't...those decisions will effect the rest of your life, your child's life and those men. Im sorry if this is harsh but life is harsh.There are support groups on here that can help make informed decisions. Good luck.

linnylou217 replied to TWalker02840's response:
seek the Maury Povich show

hisangelface replied to linnylou217's response:
Lurking from 3rd tri....

I don't know if anyone noticed but the original poster is an anonymous one. So, it is possible that you are all confusing 2 different anonymous posters with each other. That is more than likely why the stories are not the same.

Honestly, I do not understand why you would all feel the need to bash this poor person who is simply looking for answers or help. How would you feel if you were mocked because you were asking a silly question? I don't think you would appreciate it. So, next time it might be wiser and more mature to simply not respond.
Lisa and DH (both 32). We have twin boys born May 2008 and are now expecting baby 3. BFP Oct. 5th, 2010...

candy352 replied to hisangelface's response:
The "anonymous" person has the same numbers attached to the anon. Also unless there are 4 or 5 people with the exact same story and the exact same dates, then this is the same person.

Pamela11703 responded:
Hi, just read the helpful posts.. this is a place you can come to with any questions and concerns.

Did you have an ultrasound yet? If It may be too early but I would definately call your doctors office, let them know you believe you are pregnant but you are not sure how far along you might be. You don't even need to tell them when your lmp was. They will be able to give you a pretty accurate date of conception although your dates are very close so it may not help. Everyone ovulates at different times so its hard to go by your last mentraul period... I really can't give much advice except do what you feel is right.. its a really tough situation to be in.

To answer your question about probability I would say the man you had unprotected sex, if he ejaculated in you I would say that there is a really good chance he is the father.

Best of luck to you.
Pamela(29), DH(32), Patrick(4) 2.14.07, Ryan(3) 4.20.08, Liam(6 mos) 10.20.10, Edd 12/2/11 - Green Team!

rudolmic1 replied to candy352's response:
No its not the same poster cause this was my first time posting this question but its mighty funny you are judging but have a scripture as your signature. Sounds to me you are being carnal. God is the only judge so if a person wanted to post several post on here as a Christian you are supposed to give GODLY advice not Fleshly advice. Im just saying. Why reply if you that is how you feel. Im going to pray and ask for forgiveness for my fornicating ways and trust God in my situation.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DH and I live in Tucson, Arizona and are happily expecting our first child this Dec. We're super excited since we've been trying for almost...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.