Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Symptoms are all gone
jdblack78 posted:
Is it unusual for symptoms to disappear at 9 1/2 weeks? My morning sickness began at 5 1/2 weeks then at my 9 week appointment with the prenatal nurse I told her it had gone away. I didn't have any other symptoms. They did an ultrasound to relieve my fears and everything was okay but I only have sore breasts and nothing else. I am 11 weeks and 2 days pregnant now. I don't have my next appt until I'm 13 weeks and I'm not sure I can wait that long.

Today is my angel baby's due date so I guess maybe I am just super paranoid I am going to lose this one too. I was told by the prenatal nurse that the fact that I was 9 weeks meant that my hormones are probably giving up to the baby taking over the hormones instead so that's why my symptoms are going away. I sure hope so.

The only thing that I do feel is a loss of appetite. Nothing sounds good to eat at all. I'm not nauseous but nothing sounds good. I have gained 3 lbs but haven't gained any in the past 2 1/2 weeks.

Just wondering if I'm the only one that has hardly any symptoms.
Son born 7/4/2008, Miscarriage at 12 weeks 11/2/2010, expecting another baby 12/9/2011.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Not unusual. My SIL had her symptoms disappear around that time with both her pregnancies and they were both healthy.

ColleenK32 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Im the same way. Symptoms were awful from 5 1/2 weeks till about 7 weeks. Then just before 7 weeks they disappeared. I feel better, a tinsy bit tired still. But otherwise Im feeling much better, but couldnt help but worry a tiny bit... lol. I rented a doppler and tried it out last night- but didnt work. Only 7 1/2 weeks.
Colleen 27 DH Cory 30. DD1 6/9/06 Expecting 2 1/5/2012, Yellow Team!!

KonaMommy responded:
I can completely understand your concerns about an absence of pregnancy symptoms, especially after your loss last year. Since they did an ultrasound after you mentioned your concerns and things appeared fine, that would seem to be a very good sign! Wishing you the best and hoping your mind will be at ease after your next appointment.

TsukariAurora responded:
I'll be 10 weeks on Wednesday and I noticed that too. This is my first and I'm feeling better than ever, weeks 4-7 weren't so nice but traded that for a backache. Good luck with your LO!
Expecting her little bunny this December! XD

jdblack78 replied to TsukariAurora's response:
Well, I ended up caving in and buying one of those Angelsounds fetal heartrate monitor. I got it today and ripped it open as soon as I got it. It took me about 5 minutes but I found the heart beat!! Thank the LORD! I can now finally relax a little bit. Best $28 I could've spent and especially for the peace of mind!

Thanks to everyone who responded! I appreciate it!
Son born 7/4/2008, Miscarriage at 12 weeks 11/2/2010, expecting another baby 12/9/2011.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Veronica i live in a tiny town called Susanville California. am 26yrs old i had my first kid when i was 18 i had her one day after my high ...More

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.