Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Right Side Pain
Eliza52204 posted:
Since discovering I was pregnant approximately 2 weeks ago, I have had a pain in the lower right side of my abdomen. I have not had bleeding, but the pain is noticeable. My doctor is aware and I have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday, but I can't stop worrying that it is an ectopic pregnancy. My hormone levels were checked two days apart and came back normal. Should I still worry? Has anyone else experienced this pain? I am about 7 weeks and a couple days along. Any advice is appreciated.

ramsgirl22 responded:
I was having left sided pain for 2 days and they brought me in ASAP for an ultrasound yesterday and thought they saw 2 baby/yolks but thankfully they ony saw 1, my OB said it was just my body streching again!

TTCBabyOne responded:
Your doctor will be able to tell for sure, but if it's not just your uterus stretching, it may be a corpus luteum cyst. They can be painful but are quite normal in pregnancy. Only way to find out for sure is to wait for that ultrasound.

casjds responded:
I also have had this pain. Mine usually would be at night and it would wake me up when I would change position. I have had this same pain before when I would begin my MP. I was told it was a cyst on my ovary that had ruptured and that it was harmless. They said there was nothing I can do. I was having this pain frequently for a couple of weeks in a row . I didn't call my OB (I know I should), instead I did a lil research and found that cysts on your ovaries during preg. is common. So I am going to wait and see if my pains come back before I call. I never experienced it with my other two children, so if it comes back I decided I would call just to be sure, peace of mind is desparately needed... Please let us know how the u/s goes. Happy and Healthy :smile: Christy(31)DH(34)DS(8)DS(5)DFS(18) BFP 3/31/09 EDD 12/5/09 *Green Team*

Jennifer_Rondeau responded:
I am 7w5d and I too have been experiencing pain. I posted on here on Sunday, because my pain was really just killing me, but there was no spotting. Monday I called the Dr. and they told me to rest all day and drink at least a gallon to a gallon and a half of water every day*CRAZY, talk about having to pee!* So I am doing better, but the pain comes and goes, it has gotten better though. I too have thought about the baby being stuck in my tubes, but I don't get and US for another 3.5 weeks! It's very nerve wracking, but the doc. assures me that pain is normal. Good luck~ what's your Estimated due date? Mine is Nov.27 on here, but the nurse at the doc said Nov 30...who knows! :) HH7.5 left!

Eliza52204 responded:
Thanks for all of the responses. My due date is 11/30. I think I would be more excited about the pregnancy if I didn't have this pain. I hope my u/s on Monday helps me to put aside this worry. I think I can put up with the discomfort if I know nothing is harming me or the baby. I hope I am told on Monday that the pain is normal, nothing to worry about and maybe then I can start looking forward to the months ahead. I have been so consummed with the worry that it is an ectopic pregnancy that I have not wanted to get too excited. Crazy I know, but I am a worrier by nature. :)

TrinRicanBaby responded:
Hi, I have the same pain... right lower side - that's how I knew I was pregnant. So I went in and my doctor sent me for an U/S... she said there is a 2cm cyst on my right ovary that may be causing the pain. It comes and goes, i actually went a good few days without it and felt normal and didn't worry but it's back today and i just took some tylenol. I didn't have this pain when i was pregnant w/ my son so I am so worried. i just hope it goes away. Oh, and when i lay on my right side, it hurts so bad! I hope all of us are ok, hang in there!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the mother to one amazing little boy born on October 14, 2009. He is the light of my life! My DB and I just found out our second LO is on the way...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.