Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Right Side Pain
Eliza52204 posted:
Since discovering I was pregnant approximately 2 weeks ago, I have had a pain in the lower right side of my abdomen. I have not had bleeding, but the pain is noticeable. My doctor is aware and I have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday, but I can't stop worrying that it is an ectopic pregnancy. My hormone levels were checked two days apart and came back normal. Should I still worry? Has anyone else experienced this pain? I am about 7 weeks and a couple days along. Any advice is appreciated.

ramsgirl22 responded:
I was having left sided pain for 2 days and they brought me in ASAP for an ultrasound yesterday and thought they saw 2 baby/yolks but thankfully they ony saw 1, my OB said it was just my body streching again!

TTCBabyOne responded:
Your doctor will be able to tell for sure, but if it's not just your uterus stretching, it may be a corpus luteum cyst. They can be painful but are quite normal in pregnancy. Only way to find out for sure is to wait for that ultrasound.

casjds responded:
I also have had this pain. Mine usually would be at night and it would wake me up when I would change position. I have had this same pain before when I would begin my MP. I was told it was a cyst on my ovary that had ruptured and that it was harmless. They said there was nothing I can do.

I was having this pain frequently for a couple of weeks in a row . I didn't call my OB (I know I should), instead I did a lil research and found that cysts on your ovaries during preg. is common. So I am going to wait and see if my pains come back before I call. I never experienced it with my other two children, so if it comes back I decided I would call just to be sure, peace of mind is desparately needed...

Please let us know how the u/s goes.

Happy and Healthy

Christy(31)DH(34)DS(8)DS(5)DFS(18) BFP 3/31/09 EDD 12/5/09 *Green Team*

Jennifer_Rondeau responded:
I am 7w5d and I too have been experiencing pain. I posted on here on Sunday, because my pain was really just killing me, but there was no spotting. Monday I called the Dr. and they told me to rest all day and drink at least a gallon to a gallon and a half of water every day*CRAZY, talk about having to pee!* So I am doing better, but the pain comes and goes, it has gotten better though. I too have thought about the baby being stuck in my tubes, but I don't get and US for another 3.5 weeks! It's very nerve wracking, but the doc. assures me that pain is normal. Good luck~ what's your Estimated due date? Mine is Nov.27 on here, but the nurse at the doc said Nov 30...who knows! HH7.5 left!

Eliza52204 responded:
Thanks for all of the responses. My due date is 11/30. I think I would be more excited about the pregnancy if I didn't have this pain. I hope my u/s on Monday helps me to put aside this worry. I think I can put up with the discomfort if I know nothing is harming me or the baby. I hope I am told on Monday that the pain is normal, nothing to worry about and maybe then I can start looking forward to the months ahead. I have been so consummed with the worry that it is an ectopic pregnancy that I have not wanted to get too excited. Crazy I know, but I am a worrier by nature.

TrinRicanBaby responded:
Hi, I have the same pain... right lower side - that's how I knew I was pregnant. So I went in and my doctor sent me for an U/S... she said there is a 2cm cyst on my right ovary that may be causing the pain. It comes and goes, i actually went a good few days without it and felt normal and didn't worry but it's back today and i just took some tylenol. I didn't have this pain when i was pregnant w/ my son so I am so worried. i just hope it goes away. Oh, and when i lay on my right side, it hurts so bad! I hope all of us are ok, hang in there!

Spotlight: Member Stories

i thought i was having a baby but its just a sack for a baby no baby i dont understand what happened going for one more ultrasound then a DNC i dont k...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful