Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Not sure what to do!!!
racgirl88 posted:
So I'm 3 days late and i decided to take pregnancy test and it came out positive, i know we have been trying but no luck yet until now :-) I'm never late my cycles are always right on to a T. I'm probably going to take another test in a few days but I guess my question is when do i make a doctor's appointment? I'm not sure who to ask because we don't want to tell family yet and get anyones hopes up and I don't have anyone to talk to, to help me with these questions, so if anyone out there can help, PLEASE!

palvarad responded:
I say make it now. You've already missed your menstrual cycle and if you're normally always on time then I definitely think it's time to call your OB.

Best of luck!

racgirl88 replied to palvarad's response:
Thanks for responding, I was able to make an appointment for next week, I'm so excited i have waited for so long for this to happen:-)

leftcoastgirl responded:
Congratulations!! You can call your doctor as soon as you want. Some practices will want to see you right away to confirm the pregnancy. My OB doesn't see patients until they're 8-9 weeks for the first appointment. Either way, you can get something set up.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 19 and I will be having my first child. I am engaged and have been for only 4 months. This new baby was quite the surprise and shock of the year ...More

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful