Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Just wondering if this is normal?
racgirl88 posted:
Im 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant. I went to confirm with the doctor that i was pregnant yesterday and the doctor did a pap smear a few hours after we left i started to have brown spotting and today the same thing with a little burgandy red in it. I called the doctor and she said it was normal after a pap smear to have that and that it should be fine, so i just want to know if thats normal.

ColleenK32 responded:
Yes, that can be normal. I had pap early on last pregnancy- and had cramping and spotting after. As long it doesn't get worse....
Colleen 27 DH Cory 30. DD Lexi 6/9/06 Expecting 2 1/3/2012, Yellow Team (I hope!! DH really wants the surprise, I'm trying to stick to it)!!

meghanmarkie responded:
I wouldn't worry at all. Cramping, spotting, or even light bleeding don't increase your likelihood of having a miscarriage at all. I bled off and on through my whole first trimester with DD #1. I am now expecting my second and am bleeding again just like last time. I was so worried the first time that I did silly amounts of research online and in medical journals only to find there was no need to worry.

So... don't worry!

KonaMommy responded:
I believe this is normal. If the spotting started so soon after your appointment, it seems very likely that the PAP was the cause. I think you are more prone to light spotting/bleeding when you have a PAP during pregnancy because there is more blood in the cervix.

racgirl88 replied to KonaMommy's response:
well ladies i ended up having a mc. it sucks but nothing that could be done. I wish you all the best and hopefully i will be back on here soon talking about my baby again and this time i will go full term, we are determined to have a happy healthy baby and good luck to all of you best wish <3

Love418 replied to racgirl88's response:
I am so sorry to hear that. I went to the dr on 6/9 thinking I was about 7/8 weeks all she saw was a pregnancy sac nothing else. My lmp was on 4/13 but they were not regular. Today I have been bleeding when I pee it is dark and burgundy like in color no pain only my lower back hurts on and off the blood is slimy like. This is my third pregnancy I have an appt tomorrow morning I am so afraid of having a miscarriage

Love418 replied to Love418's response:
Ps when I went to the dr. She said the pregnancy seems as though I was 5 weeks

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! My name is Hope and I am 30. My husband is James and he is 34. We have been trying to conceive since Sept. 09. The last two cycles I was on ovu...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful