Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Just wondering if this is normal?
racgirl88 posted:
Im 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant. I went to confirm with the doctor that i was pregnant yesterday and the doctor did a pap smear a few hours after we left i started to have brown spotting and today the same thing with a little burgandy red in it. I called the doctor and she said it was normal after a pap smear to have that and that it should be fine, so i just want to know if thats normal.

ColleenK32 responded:
Yes, that can be normal. I had pap early on last pregnancy- and had cramping and spotting after. As long it doesn't get worse....
Colleen 27 DH Cory 30. DD Lexi 6/9/06 Expecting 2 1/3/2012, Yellow Team (I hope!! DH really wants the surprise, I'm trying to stick to it)!!

meghanmarkie responded:
I wouldn't worry at all. Cramping, spotting, or even light bleeding don't increase your likelihood of having a miscarriage at all. I bled off and on through my whole first trimester with DD #1. I am now expecting my second and am bleeding again just like last time. I was so worried the first time that I did silly amounts of research online and in medical journals only to find there was no need to worry.

So... don't worry! :)

KonaMommy responded:
I believe this is normal. If the spotting started so soon after your appointment, it seems very likely that the PAP was the cause. I think you are more prone to light spotting/bleeding when you have a PAP during pregnancy because there is more blood in the cervix.

racgirl88 replied to KonaMommy's response:
well ladies i ended up having a mc. it sucks but nothing that could be done. I wish you all the best and hopefully i will be back on here soon talking about my baby again and this time i will go full term, we are determined to have a happy healthy baby and good luck to all of you best wish <3

Love418 replied to racgirl88's response:
I am so sorry to hear that. I went to the dr on 6/9 thinking I was about 7/8 weeks all she saw was a pregnancy sac nothing else. My lmp was on 4/13 but they were not regular. Today I have been bleeding when I pee it is dark and burgundy like in color no pain only my lower back hurts on and off the blood is slimy like. This is my third pregnancy I have an appt tomorrow morning I am so afraid of having a miscarriage

Love418 replied to Love418's response:
Ps when I went to the dr. She said the pregnancy seems as though I was 5 weeks

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was on here to sign up last july when I was pregnate. We had a misscarage in August. Broke my heart the baby was a surprise brought back from Hawai...More

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.