Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Heartburn remedies?
Jenpress posted:
Yikes. 9weeks and I have some heartburn (and nausea)! No telling when it will strike-- afternoon or evening. I am taking Tums, and I know I can have Mylanta or Maalox, according to my doc. Does anyone else have any home remedies to help with this? I was afraid to lay down last night...until I threw up and felt better...It's mostly the heartburn, really, because I do have Bnatals and Preggie Pops for the nausea.

Take the Poll

Do you have heartburn + nausea?
  • Absolutely!
  • Sometimes, but not much.
  • Not at all-- I'm blessed!
vote
View Poll Results

KonaMommy responded:
I never had nausea, so this may not be good advice on that end, but drinking milk helps with the heart burn. During my first pregnancy, I remember having dinner at a friend's home; I got terrible heart burn even though there were no obvious "problem" foods. I think it was because I did not drink milk with dinner like I usually do.

lbcash responded:
This is my second pregnancy, but during my first pregnancy I had horrible, horrible, heartburn the whole time. My heartburn didn't start until around 15 weeks, but I was miserable with it. I couldn't sleep, and I hated to eat because I knew it would hurt afterwards. I actually had pain with the heartburn. So, I tried all the home remedies and my doctor said for me to use Zantac 75. It was amazing. I used it most of my first pegnancy and it worked great!!

Jennyfurs27 responded:
I have severe acid reflux when I'm not pregnant and it gets even worse when I am. I take Zantac 150 twice a day to keep it under control. It's the only thing that works. Even milk gives me reflux!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 21 year old senior in college. I'm studying to be a Kindergarten teacher! What can I say? I love the little ones! I've been engaged ...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful