Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Heartburn remedies?
Jenpress posted:
Yikes. 9weeks and I have some heartburn (and nausea)! No telling when it will strike-- afternoon or evening. I am taking Tums, and I know I can have Mylanta or Maalox, according to my doc. Does anyone else have any home remedies to help with this? I was afraid to lay down last night...until I threw up and felt better...It's mostly the heartburn, really, because I do have Bnatals and Preggie Pops for the nausea.

Take the Poll

Do you have heartburn + nausea?
  • Absolutely!
  • Sometimes, but not much.
  • Not at all-- I'm blessed!
vote
View Poll Results

KonaMommy responded:
I never had nausea, so this may not be good advice on that end, but drinking milk helps with the heart burn. During my first pregnancy, I remember having dinner at a friend's home; I got terrible heart burn even though there were no obvious "problem" foods. I think it was because I did not drink milk with dinner like I usually do.

lbcash responded:
This is my second pregnancy, but during my first pregnancy I had horrible, horrible, heartburn the whole time. My heartburn didn't start until around 15 weeks, but I was miserable with it. I couldn't sleep, and I hated to eat because I knew it would hurt afterwards. I actually had pain with the heartburn. So, I tried all the home remedies and my doctor said for me to use Zantac 75. It was amazing. I used it most of my first pegnancy and it worked great!!

Jennyfurs27 responded:
I have severe acid reflux when I'm not pregnant and it gets even worse when I am. I take Zantac 150 twice a day to keep it under control. It's the only thing that works. Even milk gives me reflux!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey my name is Beth and im from Atlanta Ga im a single mother of 3 girls ages 12 8 an 3 i just fround out im expecting my forth a big shocker since iv...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.