Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

A bit worried, but staying positive
obiwanfreak posted:
So I am just over 10 weeks pregnant as of today. I haven't had any cramping, bleeding, or spotting...up until this morning. I went to the bathroom and saw a lot of brownish-red blood on the toilet paper. I was instantly worried as I had not had any spotting at all up until this point. I noticed, however, that I did not have any cramping. I called the OB Educator at my hospital and told her my symptoms - by this point the spotting/bleeding had already gone down a lot. She put me on pelvic rest - no sex for at least 7 days - and told me to monitor the situation throughout the day. I just went to the bathroom again and the spotting has stopped and still no cramping or back aches.

Has anyone else experienced this? It was just so out of the blue that it made me nervous. We had an ultrasound at 8 weeks - a strong heartbeat of 180 and the baby measured perfectly for how far along I thought I was. I'm hoping that this was just a one-time thing, some cervical irritation or something...

Annaleesha responded:
Hi obi,

I am sorry you are nervous about this, but from what I understand, the worry comes when the blood is bright red.

Get your rest and monitor, but try not to worry too much.
Congratulations by the way :). I hope everything works out for you.

~Annaleesha

KonaMommy responded:
This same thing happened to me about 2 weeks ago (when I was at about 10 weeks). I noticed brownish-pink on the toilet paper 2 - 3 times when I wiped that day, then some odd looking white discharge for a few days following. No other symptoms/bleeding/cramping/etc. I, too had, and ultrasound at 8 weeks showing strong heart rate and good measurements.

TRIGGS: I had a missed M/C in 12/10, so I assumed the worse despite my lack of symptoms.

I still am in disbelief, but both the nurse and the doctor found the heartbeat with the doppler at my 12 week appointment and are confident everything is okay. I can't figure out what the spotting was about as I had been sick and my DH out of town so it wasn't triggered by having sex. I did have very light, but red, spotting the day that they did the PAP (which I understand is not unusual), but was not worried at all about that because I saw the baby on the ultrasound that same day and everything was fine. I wonder if the brown blood could have been leftover from that?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Randi, and I have been married to my college sweetheart since Nov 2004. I have PCOS. We welcomed our son in January 2005. My son kicked som...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.