Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Fun Stories
Anon_229998 posted:
How did you all tell your spouse and your family that you were pregnant? I need some help being creative with the exciting announcement!

Take the Poll

Who did you tell you were pregnant to first?
  • Childs Father
  • Your Mother
  • Your Sister
  • Your Best Friend
  • Other
vote
View Poll Results

KBratt responded:
Nothin creative here...my husband is very aware of my cycle & how I am acting/feeling...the first time I felt like I was going to start about a week early, had cramping, acheyness etc & he was the one who said I never feel like that for more then 30mins before starting...so the day I was supposed to test we were both in the bathroom LOL, & it was positive.

This time same thing, I felt like I was going to start 5-7 days before my expected date...he noticed I was really tired, & crampy & got excited...but I waited to test until 2-3 days after I was supposed to start & it was positive. :)

The first time we tested on Christmas Eve so we told his family at the Christmas Eve party, then we told my family the next day on Christmas & we posted it on Facebook after we left my grandparents.

This time we told a select few friends first, I was nervous about telling my mom so he wanted to let me tell her before he told EVERYONE...but the day I finally just came out with it we posted it on Facebook minutes after hanging up the phone from my mom, then he called his mom, dad, grandparents etc.

loyal1982 responded:
I wanted to be creative. But it just didn't happen. DH and I were arguing and I found out Easter morning, so I was trying to break the ice after a fight. I was like there's leftovers in the fridge and by the way I think I'm pregnant. lol......

I have a friend who found nice poems and framed them for her husband and her parents to tell them. I wish I would have thought of that.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
The first time, I called DH when he was on his way to work and when he answered, I said "Hi Daddy." He knew what I meant. The second time, I woke DH up (I took the test at 5:30a) and showed him the test.

I told a good friend about my first one by showing her the pregnancy test. It took her a second to realize what it said and then she was almost more excited than I was.

lovesmypup responded:
Technically I told the dog first lol, because I was home alone and wanted to wait until my husband got home from work to tell him in person. Then I showed him the test. However, for our parents, I bought "I love grandpa" and "I love grandpa" bibs and mailed them out, that's it, just the bibs! And waited for their phone calls :) (We don't live near them.)

Isylya responded:
I shoved the pregnancy test in his face while he was putting beer in the fridge... I'm such a romantic! ha!

funky_irish_gal responded:
I put the pregnancy test on a piece of paper that said " Positive proof that in 9 moths you'll be the best Daddy in the world!" and put it on top of his dresser so he would see it when he came home from work. I've also read about people putting a little sign around their dogs neck that says " Mommy's pregnant" so when your dog runs to greet them they see it, or if they're home at dinner telling them " Honey- there's a bun in the oven!" and putting the pregnancy test wrapped in foil so when they check the oven they find it. I told my parents who live far away by taking the first ultrasound pic- taking it to Walmart and putting in the text: The Wermager Baby, Coming Feb. 2012, and put them in frames and mailed them off.

Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am Megan Erickson and I am 25 years old. When I was 18 years old I went nine months with no period well after multiple negative pregnancy tests I d...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.