Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Pregnant After A Miscarriage
SMORE10 posted:
This is my first time writing on a discussion forum but after reading many post felt comfort in the experiences of others.

I am about 5 weeks pregnant and had a miscarriage prior to this pregnancy. It would be my first child. I have to admit I am extremely nervous. It appears I have lower than normal progesterone and I have been placed on supplements because I was lower than I should be for 5 weeks (2.3% lower than "normal"). I don't have any of the systems such has swollen chest as in my last pregnancy but I am also not cramping or experiencing any spotting

Just really nervous. Has anyone had low progesterone and been placed on supplements and gone one to not miscarry the baby?

Thank you in advance for any reply's.

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Smore,

Congrats and welcome to the 1st Trimester community! These ladies are so awesome...you will love it here!

You might also find a lot in common with our Pregnancy After Loss community which has other mom's that have gone through miscarriage and are now carrying to full term.

Our communities have been a great way for mommies to bond and calm one another's nerves when you're feeling down or worried.

This article has some good info on progesterone and includes a chart with numbers to compare with.

Hope that helps! Let us know how you're doing!

~Andie
Baby in the tummy, it's all up to mommy. But once the baby's had, it's bragging rights for Dad

SMORE10 replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you so much! I will check it out. I got great news today. My levels are moving up nicely and based on the sonogram I am 5 weeks along. This has given me comfort. I go next week to check for the fetal heart beat. Praying all goes well!

AAgradillas responded:
Well, I miscarried on 5/25 and now I'm 8 weeks preggo and didn't even have my period after the miscarriage. It was the BEST surprise ever. It CAN happen I had an ultrasound last week and saw the heartbeat
Don't stress too much (unavoidable I know), but know that we are here for you and if you need anyone to message or have any questions, I'm here
Sending you prayers and hugs....

SMORE10 replied to AAgradillas's response:
Thank you! Going for my sonogram this morning so please send lots of prayers.

Congrats to you. Very exciting!

kshirley15 replied to SMORE10's response:
Lurking from 2nd trimester....

I had low progesterone at my first appointment at 6 weeks. It was just slightly low, 19.1 and the doctor likes to see it at 20 or 21. I was put on 100 mg of prometrium and by my 10th week it was up to 26. I am now 16 weeks and everything seems to be going normally!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Wow....where to start. I am 30 years old and mother to a 9yr old son. I am happily married to my best friend and the most wonderful husband ever. I am...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
166 of 216 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.