Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Why do people have to be so rude!
Cpruitt5js posted:
So I called doctors today to tell them I am still coming in but I did get a BFP this morning...The nurse says OMG really loud and then says how many does that make?? I tell her and she screams again OMG you have enough! Your old enough you need to get a tubal after this one...Yes I know I have ALOT (this makes 7) but shouldn't that be MY choice???? I take very good care of my kids and my husband has a great job....I just don't get people.

Lysana responded:
What??? Oh, no, that is SO uncalled for! Do you know the name of the nurse who said it? I would probably say something to the doctor. It is NONE of her business how many children you choose to have.

I'm so sorry! :( Ugh!

And congrats on #7! That is awesome!! XD
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (4.5) ~~ Joshua (3) ~~ Rebekah (1) ~~ EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (March 2011)

jacobria responded:
I would definitely say something to your doctor if this is going to be a nurse you see all the time, or find another doctor. You need support not criticism. My SIL is preg with #9 and I know she gets a lot of criticism from regular people but I don't think she's ever been treated badly at the dr. office.

I wish I could afford (and have the patience) to be blessed with that many. Power to you!

loyal1982 responded:
I would find another Dr. and write a nice letter to the administrator of the practice explaining why you chose to seek alternative care.

kfadak responded:
Oh my gosh I totally understand, I'm preggo with # 8! I get that from everybody everywhere we go! The medical assistants tease me all the time! "Like what is it number is this 15!" It's so annoying! Like it's any of they're businss, but no I'm not getting "HELP" from the state. My husband makes a nice income. Triple what they make! I get to stay at home and raise our kids, and yes they're all from the same man! Those are the asumptions I get!

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Wow, I'm appalled, really. Unfortunately, some people just do't know how to keep their personal opinions separate from their professional ones.

I once had an OB that was so rude to me that he had me crying on the examination table. I reported him to my insurance company's member review site. I figure I'm protecting some other innocent mom from being treated so unprofessionally, and it just made ME feel better.

Hope that's the last of rude comments you get. Good luck!!

~Andie
When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. - Sophia Loren

SimonaSwaby responded:
I work for an OBGYN and they are nice to the patients here but as soon as i became a patient they talked so bad about me I transferred to my old Doc office. Report that person to their Boss and let him or her know that that person was so rude to you. Don't ever let anyone make you feel bad for having children!!! Thats between you and your husband!!

Cpruitt5js replied to Lysana's response:
Thanks Lysana unfortunately the doc was just as rude! I hope he was having a off day we shall see if not, I will find another doc :)

Cpruitt5js replied to SimonaSwaby's response:
Thanks to ALL you ladies for the nice encouraging words! Good luck and congrats to all of you (that are pregnant) I am glad to hear there are other mommas out there that have just as many as me or more :) You ladies made my night! Thank you all.

Lysana replied to Cpruitt5js's response:
Glad to hear that you'll consider another doc...if they won't respect your choices on how many children you want to have, they're likely to not respect other choices you want to make during pregnancy, either, and who needs a provider like that? :) Good luck!
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (4.5) ~~ Joshua (3) ~~ Rebekah (1) ~~ EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (March 2011)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the mother to one amazing little boy born on October 14, 2009. He is the light of my life! My DB and I just found out our second LO is on the way...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.