Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

newly pregnant
ashleydiane270 posted:
recently took a pregnancy test and we are pregnant after trying for 2 yrs my husband and i are excited but scared as well.we already have a 5yr old little boy.I have diabetes and am scared..Im havin all these aches pains i dont remember having the 1st time but we pray everything will go good.As of now we re due April 15,2012..I try to keep in my mind that im healthier now so things should go well but i still have doubts,and every ache scares me.

Lysana responded:
Congrats! It can be an exciting and scary time, especially during early pregnancy when you really don't know what is going on.

Some aches and pains (many, in fact!) are normal, and others aren't. What kinds are you having?

Cramping is very normal in early pregnancy, and with your second, third, etc, it gets worse, because your uterus stretches more quickly, since it "knows what it's doing," so to speak.

Every pregnancy is different, too. If you're having aches/pains that you didn't have last time, sometimes our body just reacts differently...to the same hormones.... Yeah, I don't really get it, either, but I'm an example - with my first two, I had little to no nausea - one was a girl and the other a boy. With my last three (baby, m/c, currently pg) I've had a lot of nausea, and baby #3 was a girl. So it didn't even vary based on gender...it varied just...because.

So odds are pretty good that everything is normal for you! If you get really concerned, though, give your doctor a call. Maybe you can talk to them, or to a nurse, who can set your mind at ease!

Congratulations!
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (4.5) ~~ Joshua (3) ~~ Rebekah (1) ~~ EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (March 2011)

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi AshleyDiane,

Congrats and welcome to the 1st Trimester community!!

Here's a couple resources you might find helpful and, hopefully, will ease some of your fears:

I'm sure you'll love it here and will make lots of friends before you're done. We have a really great community and are so glad to have you join us!

~Andie
When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. - Sophia Loren

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi all, I am 24 years old and just started back to college again for the 3rd time in January. I am not married as of yet we are waiting until I finish...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
166 of 216 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.