Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

bleeding while pregnant
egretzon posted:
is it normal for me to bleed after sex? is there any concerns i should worry about?

Cpruitt5js responded:
light spotting is normal I wouldn't think anything other then that would be, sometimes sex can irritate and cause some spotting if it continues I would call your dr. just to be safe.

egretzon replied to Cpruitt5js's response:
yeah i had a miscarriage and have been so depressed that i haven't had time to check. i was 7 weeks along

hgreenwood7058 replied to egretzon's response:
triggs.....hugs. I am sorry. I have been there. I m/c in feb. The previous poster was right but unfortunately for some of us that is not the case. I had not had sex when I had some spotting. Then I went to the er just for piece of mind and I was measuring like 2 weeks behind and they couldn't tell for sure if I was m/c at that point. They put me on bed rest for 4 days to see if that would make a difference and I had a blood draw that friday (2 days later). Well I bled heavily thursday and friday and lost baby friday before i even had my draw (the draw just confirmed it basically since it decreased by more than half). It was very hard so I understand your pain. (I shoulda been between 7-11 weeks). The one thing you need to remember is that there really isn't anything you did or could have done to make you the blame for this (though a lot of us want to blame ourselves it really is not. It took me a long time to stop trying to blame myself or come up with a reason as to why it happened. Because unfortunately 20% of all pregnancies will end in m/c in the 1st trimester. Once you get to the 2nd trimester it drops to less than 5%). And on a side note I have doen a lot of reading because like I said I needed answers and found that you are less likely to miscarry a second time in a row and you are more likely to have a healthy pregnancy the next time (if you choose to try again at some point).I am sorry this happened to you. Its something i don't wish one anyone. Its something that is hard to come back from and when you get pregnant again most of us have that overwhelming fear that it will happen again. But trying to stay positive during that time is the best you can do.Best wishes and hugs.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Green team. Hope this LO will stick

BrittRae responded:
It was normal for me when I was pregnant with my 1st. Apparently sex can irritate the cervix, which can cause bleeding. if the blood is bright red, then you need to see your Dr. to get an u/s- especially in the 1st trimester.

Spotlight: Member Stories

This is our first baby, due 6/11/11!

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.