Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Doctor told me to terminate or I will die...
Butrflylvr83 posted:
[TRIGGER] I just had the phone consultation about termination I can't call it the other word. I am a basket case bcuz I have 2 other children 6 & 7. Its been 6 years since I had my last one my daughter Kayli. When she was born my placenta would not detach as it should in 3rd stage of labor. So the doc had to rip it out with her hands..yuck! She told me not to get pregnant for 5 years or I would hemmorrhage bcuz of placenta previa. I waited 6 years in the mean time I was told I was infertil 3 years ago due to a recalled IUD..so I was bummed but then to find out July 16th 2011 I was 2 weeks pregnant. I went to the OB that delivered my other two and she sent me to a high risk center and I met with the midwive then the doc and she introduced herself and the next words out of her mouth was "Have you thought of termination?" My mouth dropped...I have fibromyalgia as well but come to find out I would still hemmorrhage and if they didn't happen I would suffer physical problems for the rest of my life. So in the best interest of me the doctor reccommended termination, I just set the appointment for the 29th of August...I am not dealing well with this, I am a basket case. I feel like I should be arrested for taking a life that I have already seen and heard the heartbeat. This is against my principals...I need some encouragement and some similiar stories to help me realize Im not alone..

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Butrflylvr83 and welcome. I am very sorry to hear you got such distressing news.

Since you say you're "not dealing well with this," are "a basket case," and it's "against your principals," you may want to consider getting another expert opinion before proceeding.

Obviously, you need to weigh the risks to your own health and do not want to leave your two other children without a mother. A second opinion may help give you additional information to aid you in your decision.

In support,

Byroney

KBratt responded:
I am so sorry to read that you are hurting :,( my sincere condolences to you. Unfortunately, I have not similar situation to share with you, but I wanted to acknowledge your post. I agree with the PP that you may want to get a second opinion.

Anon_28268 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
That is horrible, I will pray that everything comes out well for you. I hope you do get a second opinion. I have had a pregnancy terminated as well, it was a similar situation, but not as savere as yours. I too had to think of the children I already have. Good luck with everything. I wish you the best.

klynshoe responded:
Yes - definitely seek a second opinion from a doctor well-experienced in high risk pregnancies. I would do your research to find a really good doctor and go in for another opinion. Even if the outcome is the same, at least you'll have reassurance that you did everything you could...

arinnicole responded:
By all means, seek out a second opinion! In all of my years working in healthcare, the most crucial thing I have learned is that Doctors, no matter how experienced or educated, make mistakes. Most of them have become desensitized to human life and do not regard an unborn baby as a real person at all. Seek out different opinions! This isn't the damned stone age anymore! Most providers are stuck in the "old school" and refuse to assess any type of challenge. They just pass the buck when things get tricky. Just remember, God gave you this pregnancy for a reason; it is a gift, not a curse. It is your obligation to make damned sure that u make the right choice. I will keep you in my prayers!

mtraver responded:
Sorry to hear about your plight, i would most DEFINATELY seek out a second, third, forth or 10th opinon, i would research all you can about what you have and what you should do, talk to every medical professional you can, and gather all the information you possibly can, it might be best to postpone your appointment, after all you and your baby is the most important thing in the end and it doesnt matter what the medical society says, the choice is yours, do what you think is best. My thoughts and prayers are with you, i wish you the best and hope you find the best possible answer.

jessiekz responded:
Hello, I don't have a situation to compare but I read your post and felt so very very horrible for you and the trial you are facing. I may not be able to say I know exactly how you feel but my empathy and sympathy for you is more than genuine. My heart bleeds for you... I send you lots of love, courage and of course a great big hug....
I wish I could do or say more...
You are in my thoughts though I do not even know you....
Sincerely,
Jess

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Hugs. Get another opinion before you terminate because obviously you are not ready. Placenta previa can be watched and you can be put on bed rest to prevent you from going into early labor. You will need a c-section to prevent the hemorrage. But ultimately it is your choice. I am sorry that you have this decision. Hugs.

candy352 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
I agree with the posts. Get another opinion, and make sure he or she is specialized in high risk pregnancies. I have a high risk pregnancy and can't be seen in the town that I live in. I have to travel an hour to my OB because no one would see me here.
Candice 26, DH Dennis 36, FIRST TIME MOMMY!!!! EDD 1/6/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

I will be celebrating my 55th birthday soon and my soon-to-be youngest daughter was born IN my heart, not under. That is to say we are adopting my gre...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.