Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

BFP the happiest place on earth
MrsHoro posted:
Hi I got my BFP on Sunday(technically Saturday). I am very happy!!!
I have a Doctor's appointment on Friday.
We are going to Disneyland tomorrow. I'm worried about my LO. I have never been to Disneyland/World or Six Flags so I don't know what to expect.
Do you have any thoughts or suggestions on how to keep me and LO safe while we're there?

This is my first PG and loving it.
MrsHoro

truewyatt responded:
you should contact your OB about going to Disneyland.
many rides will tell you not to ride while pregnant. so your safest bet is not to ride any of the rides except probably for the kiddies rides.
but your best bet is to contact your OB to see what they say about it.
Congrats on your BFP!!!!

Lysana replied to truewyatt's response:
LOL, I can tell you what your OB will say - they'll say to stay off of any rides that say not to ride them if you're pregnant. They can't really tell you otherwise, for liability reasons.

Honestly, I would take that advice. I'm sorry - it's a shame, if you like roller coasters, to miss out on that fun, but it's really the safest route. Baby would *probably* be okay, but I wouldn't advise doing it.

I've been to Disney World (I know, not the same) three times in the past five years, and I've been pregnant EVERY TIME. I was frustrated the last time - we were planning to TTC the month AFTER we went to Disney, and we had one "oops" (oops, blush) and I found out I was pregnant about 1.5 weeks before we left. Of course, wouldn't have it any other way, now, - my Bekah is the sweetest thing ever, can't imagine not having her! - but it just figured, LOL!

I will confess that I rode one roller coaster while we were there - I was 5 weeks that week - but I'd never recommend it. If nothing else, you'll make yourself miserable second-guessing it, afterwards. It takes all the fun out of it...really, just not worth it.

Now that I look at the time, I suspect maybe you've already left (although maybe not, because of the time difference). I'd take it easy, enjoy the non-wild rides, the gentler stuff, the food, the sights, things like a train or a Haunted House type ride...and skip the faster stuff. It's just not worth the risk, or the second-guessing you'll do afterwards if you DO take the risk!

Hope you have a great time!
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (4.5) ~~ Joshua (3) ~~ Rebekah (1) ~~ EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (March 2011)

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
Hi MrsHoro,

Congratulations! My sister found out she was pregnant at about 9 weeks. However, up until she found out, she was going to Carowinds every week and riding the MEGA rollercoasters.

Her baby is fine! Praise the Lord!

However, I'm sure if she knew that she was pregnant, she wouldn't have rode the rides.
Me (31) DH (30) Hoping for 1st DS or DD by next year!

God is good all the time and His mercy endures forever...be at peace!

MrsHoro replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
Thank you everyone.
I didn't go on any rides that had a "Expectant Mothers"(I am one!) warning on it or "neck and back" warning (I have a bad back). I mostly stuck to the kiddy rides (because thats what I like anyway).
Also the Doctor's appointment went fine and I am confirmed!!! I should be seeing my OB next week because my Dr is worried that I might be high risk. I'm really not worried if they tell me that I am, because I know I will be getting the care I need if I need it.

Thank you.
MrsHoro

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well, my name is Ashley, and I married a wonderful guy named Mike June 28, 2009! We have a two year old son name Christopher and we hope a little girl...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.