Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

old wives tale boy or girl
crystalr159 posted:
Have any of you ladies ever tried the needle or ring on string to see if your gunna have a boy or girl? I guess you it it over your stomache or wrist. if it goes in a circle its gunna be a girl. if it goes back in fourth a boy. I was reading about this on my babypump app and kinda of sound fun.
BFP 7/31/11 EDD April 12,2012

loyal1982 responded:
Lurking from 2nd Tri....

I tried all the old wives tales. Like peeing in a a cup with baking soda if it fizzes its a boy if its flat its a girl. Well everyting pointed to girl. But I'm having a BOY! So don't get too caught up in all that.

AmyLynnCampbell responded:
I did all the things and they were all wrong including the chinese calendar when I had my son. The only one that was right was the heart beat rate was consistent with boy. We'll see if it is this time though. I'm hoping for a girl!

missashley1010 responded:
Lurking from 3rd tri....

I did pretty much all of them except that one. I think its a 50/50 chance either way. One wives tale would point to boy one to girl. The one that we did that pointed to boy was the pee and baking soda it fizzed and we are having a boy! I think they were fun anways so enjoy them if you choose to do them but just dont run out and paint the nursery pink or blue lol.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married to my hubby for 10 years. We got married when I was 18, and have 4 wonderful children, DS 10, DS 8, DD 5, DS 3, and a LO that is d...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.