Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

First OB appointment / Mega Worries and Scared
jessiekz posted:
Hi, I'm 33 y/o and 10wks 3 days (unless I find out diff. today) I have my first OB apptmt to hear baby heartbeat and get and sonogram... For some reason I'm terrified that the baby won't be moving or that there will be no heartbeat.. Is this a normal fear?

stefms21 responded:
of course it is normal, welcome to parenthood. you will worry until you hear the heartbeat then be relieved for a week until you start worrying about feeling them move, then be relieved for awhile until you start worrying about them coming out. This is only the beginning of the worry, just enjoy hearing your babies heartbeat. Good luck today!

BabyDems replied to stefms21's response:
lol, so true!
-Me (31) DH Tim (32) DD Ella (1) EDD: 5/27/12

Anon_3148 replied to stefms21's response:
Oh, and don't forget the "if you weren't emotional b4, you will be now!" I always wondered why my mother was so emotional about things then I just thought maybe I'm just too much of a hard ass....After DD was born....I turned into my mother!! lol

jessiekz replied to stefms21's response:
well I just responded with a long heartfelt message to say it hadn't gone through! Long story short, they could detect no heartbeat or movement and though I'm ten weeks they measured the sac and baby at 8.... meaning development may have stopped there.. I'm scheduled for a second sonogram on Tuesday but the Dr. and Tech were wonderful and understand and cried with me. The percentages are not on our (mine and babies) side... 1-2%.

-tears of hurt, feeling bruised-

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Everyone - My name is Becky and I have been married to my wonderful husband since Jan 2003. We were married young (23) so we wanted to wait a while...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful