Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Nervous/ BV and pregnant
DNZ10 posted:
I just found out that I'm pregnant and I also have a Bacterial Infection. I'm nervous to take antibiotics but I heard if it goes untreated it could lead to miscarriage or other harmful things. I'm worried about any effects the antibiotics may have on the growing and developing fetus. I'm only like 3 weeks so still very early. I'm so nervous because this is my first pregnancy and I don't know why I now have to be pregnant and deal with this issue of having an infection as well. Can anyone help? Has anyone had experience with this?

DNZ10 responded:
Sorry, I posted before this...but didn't see it show up!

MrsHoro responded:
They have antibiotics that are safe to take during pregnancy that won't hurt the baby. I'd be worried about letting the infection go too long.
Please talk to your doctor as soon as possible to get it treated and ask about the antibiotics they are giving you.
DH, Roxxy(furbaby, 4), Abby(furbaby, almost 2), EDD 5/15/12

JessicaRabs responded:
Im only 7.5 weeks and was diagnosed with BV and a UTI. If you just tell your doctor that you are pregnant and they will give you something safe for you and your lil embro.

tngomaureen responded:
I was just wondering if I had the same thing. I'm only about 4 wks along, and beginning to notice signs of possible BV. My pharmacist says that Amoxicillan is safe, but the Metro gel stuff makes me worry...anything you have to insert seems like it might be harmful. I am nervous about being annoying to my doctor (whom I have yet to meet!); my first OB appointment is a week from tomorrow...should I go sooner?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am pregnant with my second child. My husband and I have been married for over four years now and we have a three year old son. We are very excited a...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.