Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Im always tired and always hot...normal??
Christyle26 posted:
This is my first pregnancy. When I wake up I'm tired but I get up b/c I feel hungry, then after I eat I want to go back to sleep. Today I literally almost slept the whole day. Im exhausted and I didnt do anything but sleep!!! Im tired right now smh. And on top of that I always feel hot, I kick off the blankets, I feel like I need air but the crazy thing is the heat isn't even on in my apartment yet and we've had some cold days in NYC. I think being tired is normal, but should I be this tired and should I always feel so hott!! Let me know what you ladies think??

Anon_3148 responded:
I was also always sleeping with my first, and now I get by with napping when my DD does and going to bed early....it is exhausting!

Anon_3148 replied to Anon_3148's response:
Also am super emotional this time around....was never a "cry baby" until I had my DD and she turned me into a big sappy mess & now that I'm prego again, it is an emotional rollercoaster!

MrsHoro responded:
This is my first. I sleep a lot, 9 hours at night and 2-4 hour nap in the day(sometimes 2 naps is I didn't get the 9 hours). I also have trouble regulating my temperature. Hot and sweating to freezing in a hour.

If I don't sleep enough I cry at little things. The naps really help.
DH, Roxxy(furbaby, 4), Abby(furbaby, almost 2), EDD 5/15/12

TeenMom2008 responded:
This is my second and I am more tired this time than I was the first. Last time I was 16 and had tons of energy now I am balancing work college and a 3 year old. Even with 10 hours of sleep every night I am still exhausted by lunch time and ready for bed by 7.

snobuni23 responded:
I am right there with you. My first preg was a breeze - I didn't even know til 3 months and had no morning sickness or complications. This time around, I have terrible acne, I am bloated like crazy (11 weeks but look 6 months), constipated, weak, dizzy, etc. I am always freezing cold and always tired.

I'm sure everything is fine, our bodies are on double-duty right now and it is very exhausting. Take advantage of the naps and sleeping in while you can, because once baby comes out....

Spotlight: Member Stories

We miscarried in March 2010 and are expecting again in April 2011. I am very happy to be pregnant!

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.