Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

The cat wants out of the bag
MrsHoro posted:
I want to tell everyone. I know I only have a few more weeks but its too hard. I'd be happy if we just told DH's Mom, then I can wait the rest of the time. I want it to be real. I want everyone else to know.
DH, Roxxy(furbaby, 4), Abby(furbaby, almost 2), EDD 5/15/12

Take the Poll

Who have you told?
  • I/We have told everyone, its even on fb
  • I/We told just family
  • Just one or two people know
  • Just the people on here
vote
View Poll Results

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Both times I was pregnant, we told close family and I told one or two good friends but swore them to secrecy. After we heard the heartbeat, we told everyone.

Let me rephrase that. I also told my supervisor about my second pregnancy before I'd told other co-workers. I was glad I did because my morning sickness sent me home a few times.

bbcntpa responded:
It IS real! You are pregnant!!! I say tell your MIL. It'll make it even that much more real and relieve stress you may not even realize you're carrying over keeping this secret...and THAT will make you even happier. You know this I know...but the thing about waiting to tell anyone is b/c some women are concerned that if they tell a lot of people before they get out of their 1st trimester and then something happens, they've got all these people that will continue to ask about the pregnancy and that will be too emotionally difficult and painful to deal with. So ask yourself this....if you (God forbid) ever did have something unfortunate happen, would you tell your MIL about that. Most likely you would. You might not want all of your friends and random people to know what happened, but you probably would share it with your closest family and friends. So why not go ahead and share your news with your MIL and get that support base started. This is assuming you have a good relationship with her and trust that she won't blurt it to everyone else! But that's just my 2 cents!

As far as what I did....with both my pregnancies, we told our closest family and a couple of very close friends (it was MUCH harder for my husband to keep quiet). Basically, the people that I knew would be happiest for me, would care for me and pray for me (and the baby) most diligently, regardless of what the outcome might be. And would do everything in their power to protect me and not cause me unnecessary pain.

Then again,I haven't had the difficulties some women have had with pregnancy and having those experiences might significantly change how you feel about it. Kind of like a good luck/bad luck thing.

Whatever you choose to do will be the right decision for you!
Me (34), DH (38), DS(3), EDD 5/3/12 (but c-section end of April)

EEE4565 responded:
We have told imediate family and a few close friends. And my manager. Have a 1st tri screen on monday so will probally let the rest of the planet know after that Most people have figured it out on there own. was going to wait till end of first Tri,12 weeks is close enough when all you want to do is shout it from the roof tops!

Clover1222 responded:
told my grandma first - she is going to be 90 in dec, and who knows how much longer she will be with us..thought she had a right to know..

a few weeks later, i told my mom. i was asking her about the different haircuts i was thinking of getting, and put in a picture of my positive pregnancy test. she was confused at first, but finally understood it was mine...

i told my dad by emailing the picture of the positive test - at thanksgiving i will be telling my father's side - my mother's side pretty much knows (it is just my aunt and two cousins.. and my mom as told my aunt, who i am sure has told my cousins.)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I just found out that I am pg with #1. Totally unexpected. I tried for 5 years with my ex and nothing not a single positive test at all. So I am super...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.