Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Need input! Please!
SkyVen posted:
I took 7 home pregnancy test and 5 came out positive, 1 came out negative, and 1 didnt work. I am only around 5 weeks and I started spotting and cramping a little. I took another test and it was negative. The test brand was Equate. Should I be worried or could the test be false-negative?

mrshoro responded:
If you are spotting just a little and the cramps are light then you shouldn't worry.

I had spotting 4w5d-5w1d and I had light on/off cramping from the day of my BFP to 9w. Its nothing to worry about unless you are bleeding a pad's worth and are cramping bad.

Just relax and put your feet up.

If you are still worried in the morning you should call your OB.
DH, Roxxy(furbaby, 4), Abby(furbaby, almost 2), EDD 5/15/12

Christyle26 responded:
Hi, I agree with Ms. Horo, you should relax, this is my first pregnancy but I've read that a little cramping and spotting is normal. I would advise you to make an appointment with the OB so the can give you more information, they can predict you due date and they will do a blood test to confirm your pregnancy. That would make you feel much better, but until then jus relax ok

SkyVen replied to mrshoro's response:
Ok! Thank you so much! This is my first pregnancy and I just had no idea what to expect or anything.

mrshoro replied to SkyVen's response:
Every pregnancy is different even for women who have been pregnant before.
This is my first too. If I have a concern I research it and if I can't find anything about what I'm experiencing I post it here. There a lot of helpful women here.
Moms are helpful too if you are going to tell them (I will be in the next few weeks).
I did tell a friend of mine who has two beautiful girls, she is very blunt and will tell me without sugar coating. She is a great resource for me.

We are here for you.
DH, Roxxy(furbaby, 4), Abby(furbaby, almost 2), EDD 5/15/12

EEE4565 responded:
I had the same issues with the cramping and spotting. I called my doctor since it was another 3 weeks frommy first appt and she got me in the next day to confirm and to do a ultrasound. You couldnt see a whole lot but little one was there. Pic on the fridge makes you feel so much better.

SkyVen replied to EEE4565's response:
Thank you so much! We haven't told our families yet, but we are going to soon. I have a great friend who is 9 weeks and it's extremely nice to be able to do this with her and also come on here and be able to ask things from women who know first hand.
Thanks again!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Lins (26) Mike (27) DD(4/17/12) TTC for 2 1/2 yrs...Clomid for 3 cycles. Miscarried @ 6wks on 2nd cycle & here we are again hoping all goes well :...More

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.