Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

feeling cold..
An_241195 posted:
hi, i'm six weeks pregnant. i've been feeling very cold all the time and coughing. even in the sun, i feel so cold. this is my 3rd pregnancy in the last 12 months and i've been sick the first 2 times that ended up in miscarriage. my ob appointment is in 3 weeks so maybe somebody can help me or advise..

MrsHoro responded:
I would call your doctor and tell them that your sick.
DH, Roxxy(furbaby, 4), Abby(furbaby, almost 2), EDD 5/15/12

bbcntpa responded:
If you haven't already done so in the recent past, I would have your doctor test your thyroid. Go to your regular doctor and s/he should be able to tell you if you're sick or coming down with something or if it's something else. If you're not sick already, then you should also probably get the flu shot. The reason I suggest thryoid is b/c if you're not sick, then an out of whack thyroid can cause you to be unusually hot or cold. The thyroid gland controls hormones and metabolism and your body temperature. It's very important that if you do have a thyroid problem that you are taking thryoid medication while pregnant....b/c pregnancy makes your hormones crazy anyway. So, that's just something to check with your doctor about. More than likely, though, you're just coming down with something and your doctor (regular or ob) should be able to help with that. Hope you feel better soon.
Me (34), DH (38), DS(3), EDD 5/3/12 (but c-section end of April)

BabyDems replied to bbcntpa's response:
interesting.....I am always really cold...then hot....then cold....and when I say cold...i mean freezing ....fleece pants, sweatshirt, socks & wool socks...and then I get hot and have to put shorts and tank on....thinking i may need to get this checked!
-Me (31) DH Tim (32) DD Ella (1) EDD: 5/28/12

cshyronia replied to MrsHoro's response:
used to be cold all the time it was from low iron.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am cooking baby #5 right now! I have two sweet baby girls and have 2 angel babies. I'm due late November and am looking forward to all the suppo...More

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.