Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

1st appointment with new doctor
britt200408 posted:
I had my first appointment today and I have to say I LOVE my Doctor and his staff. They made me feel very comfortable and at ease and everyone is so nice. I have my first ultrasound scheduled for Friday afternoon and I am so excited.

I also had blood work today and I guess I passed out, twice! I've never done that before. It was quite an exciting morning! haha

So anyway, I am beyond relieved now that I know my new doctor is awesome. My next appointment is Dec 2 and we are going to discuss the possiblity of VBAC and more about my birth plan then, after he can get the records from my previous doctor. I'm glad he is at least considering it because that really means a lot to me. I trust he will be honest with me and advise me to do what is best for me and baby. We'll see what he says!
Brittanie (23), DH Josh (24), DS Jacob (almost 3 already!) and baby, due June 8, 2012

mrshoro responded:
I love it that you love your doctor. I love mine too.
Passed out?!? Twice?!? I've never passed out. My sister always passes out when they have to take her blood but she gets grossed out at the sight of blood.

I hope the VBAC discussion will end healthy in your favor.
DH, Roxxy(furbaby, 4), Abby(furbaby, almost 2), EDD 5/15/12

britt200408 replied to mrshoro's response:
I know it was crazy! I can handle the sight of blood and I have actually drawn blood before, but I still don't look when it is my own. So I was just looking the other way and I felt perfectly fine until about the 5th vial and I just remember feeling a little sick, so I layed my head back against the wall. Next thing I know someone said they were walking me over to a bed, then that's when I must have passed out the 2nd time because I don't remember anything after that until I woke up. Then I felt fine.

I have never donated blood before and I remember feeling really sick when they did blood work with DS. But I have never actually passed out! I'm so glad DH came with me today. haha
Brittanie (23), DH Josh (24), DS Jacob (3) and baby, due June 8, 2012

britt200408 responded:
Edit: I had to change the ultrasound to next Wednesday. Hopefully it will look somewhat human since I will be 9 1/2 weeks. lol
Brittanie (23), DH Josh (24), DS Jacob (3) and baby, due June 8, 2012

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 33 year old mommy of a beautiful 2 year old girl with Baby #2 on the way! I have a wonderful husband and we all live in a small town in Ohio! ...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.