Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Fat and Scared
1ndering posted:
I am 24 5'5 and 250lbs. I took 2 tests and apparently I am pregnant. I don't know how far along, but I am pretty sure I started morning sickness last week. I am really scared after reading all the info on obesity and pregnancy. I don't have any health issues. But I am very nervous about a miscarriage or something. Anybody know anything that could help or know how far along I could be?

brokenlove responded:
do you know when your the first day of your last menstral period was. All drs will go by that date, if you don't know when that was only way to tell is by ultra sound.
Me(23) DS(Izaiah 3) Based of first U/S EDD(5/11/12). Green team

mrshoro responded:
I am overweight too and I have health issues not related to being overweight.
I am 13weeks today(3 more days until I'm 2nd tri. Yay!). As of my last OB the baby is healthy and measuring on track. Heartbeat beautiful.

I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. Being overweight and having a family history (my mom had GD and now has t2 and 3 of my aunts and 2 of my cousins have t2) it would have almost been a surprise if I hadn't got it. Now I poke my fingers 4 times a day and have a strict eating regiment. I hate it but this is what I have to do to make sure my LO is healthy when its born.

I recommend that you be seen as soon as possible to make sure you don't have any thing that would prevent you from having a healthy pregnancy and baby. You need your blood sugar, thyroid, and blood pressure checked.

If you know you have high blood pressure go and have it checked if its over 120/80 call your doctor asap and tell them your blood pressure is high and you are pregnant.

My BMI is about the same as yours. You can have a healthy baby too. Watch what you eat, drink water, and listen to your doctor.
They might tell you not to gain any weight during your pregnancy. Its hard but if you don't you will lose 10 lbs giving birth and more if you breastfeed.

Pregnancy is measured in weeks starting for the first day of your last period. My last period was 13weeks ago. If you have irregular periods then your doctor will find out how far along you are . Most likely with a vaginal u/s.

You can do this. Stay healthy. Congratulations.
DH, Roxxy(furbaby, 4), Abby(furbaby, almost 2), EDD 5/15/12

1ndering replied to mrshoro's response:
I actually don't have any health issues at all. My thyroid test in the low normal range tho. I have a huge history of diabetes my dad being type 1 most of my older family being type 2, but I don't have it myself. Cholesterol and Blood pressure always test fine.

The biggest health concern to the pregnancy I have is that I'm scared my blood oxygen and C02 levels always test a little low and I know that becomes extremely important in the 3rd trimester.

My periords are irregular everytime I hit the 250lb mark.

nursingbug replied to 1ndering's response:
I am 5ft 5in and with my first baby I weighed 300 lbs. It wasn't a perfect pregnancy but we both are fine. She is 3 and doing great. I am now 250 lbs and pregnant again. With both of my pregnancies, I was encouraged to try to maintain my weight, although this isn't for everyone.
Anyone else get this advice?

orin34 replied to nursingbug's response:
when I got preggo with my son I was 280 lbs (and 6'1'). Since your body burns more calories while pregnant I did lose some weight in the beginning. All in all I think I gained less than 20 lbs.... more like 15.
One thing you DO need to watch out for: After you give birth your body isn't burning so many colories..... so it is super easy to pack on the pounds post baby. Everyone talks about losing the "baby weight" but I am trying to lose the "post baby weight".lol

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am happily married to my best friend and soulmate. We married July 10, 2004. I am 38 and he is 41 and so far no children.

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.