Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

how do you know if you have an ectopic pregnancy?
mnb311 posted:
This is my first pregnancy and I am terrified that there could end up being something wrong. How can you tell if you have an ectopic pregnancy?? I've read about them online a million times but the information is so vague. I had an HSG (Hysterosalpingogram) in August and it came out perfect, doc said everything looked great. Does that mean I shouldn't worry about ectopic pregnancy? I just think its weird that I have no pregnancy symptoms.

jackienotes responded:
Believe me, you will know if it is ectopic. I had an ectopic pregnancy last year. I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks and right at 5 weeks I started bleeding and cramping really badly. The pain was coming more from my right side. I went the emergency room and sure enough when they did an ultrasound there was nothing in my uterous and something in my tube.

If you start bleeding and have heavy cramping, go to the hospital. Otherwise, you may be just fine.

I'm pregnant again now, and this time at 6 weeks I got to see my little baby in my uterus and with a heartbeat. So dont freak out too much.

mls1174 responded:
I've also had a ectopic. I started to bleed really bad but didnt feel any pain. I went to the hospital and it was confirmed as that. Now that I'm pregnant again I have to let my new Dr know so that I can get in sooner for her to check me. I'm high risk. Dont worry yourself over this. Enjoy this time! If things are going to happen there going to happen. I know all to well of that. I'm learning to let go of my worry and enjoy this pregnancy. How far along are you

Wishes2011 responded:
I too had an ectopic pregnancy at 5 weeks in Sept. 2010. The pain was absolutely EXCRUCIATING!!! I didn't have bleeding at all. It hurt to breathe, sit up, lay down, there wasn't a place on my stomach that you could touch that didn't hurt. My best description, it felt like there were aliens inside my stomach fighting with sharpest swords they could find. That was the 1 and only pregnancy that I have had thus far but we're back trying.

I'm with the others, enjoy you pregnancy. Your body will let you know what is going on. Congratulations!!!

mlk240 responded:
Hi, lurking from 2nd trimester. I had a ruptured ectopic in December 2010. I got a BFP right before Christmas, and on 12/26, I got my bloodwork orders from my doctor. I had the first one done, and my progesterone level was really low. I got my second blood test done on the 28th, and went back to work. Shortly after I got there, My stomach began to hurt really bad, I was really dizzy, and couldn't breathe all of a sudden. I thought it was the progesterone supplement they started me on, so I had to have my DH pick me up, and I called the dr. They said to lay down for a bit, and if it gets any worse, to call back. So, I tried to lay down for a couple of hours, and I was in absolute agony, doubled over, couldn't breathe or stand up. Suddenly, I got up and vomited, and my DH called the dr back. They said to go to the hospital immediately. When I got there, they took me in right away, and when I went to the bathroom, I passed out on the floor. They got me into bed, started an iv line so I could receive blood transfusions if necessary, and then took me for an ultrasound. My OB showed up at that point, and took over. He said that I was pretty textbook because my HcG numbers rose, but not by much, progesterone was low, and was showing symptoms or ruptured tube. He gave me a shot of methotrexate and admitted me for monitoring to see if I would need surgery. The next morning, they rushed me into surgery because I was still bleeding internally, and I lost my right tube. He told me after I woke up that I had liters of blood in my abdomen, and needed many units of blood just to go into surgery, and that I was lucky to be alive. So, if your hormone levels were off significantly, you have any pain in your stomach or shoulders, and have any trouble breathing, or fainting, I would discuss your risk with your OB or go to the ER right away to get checked out. They will perform an ultrasound to see if your baby is in your uterus. If your HcG levels are below 1000, they won't be able to see anything on ultrasound. I wish you luck, because I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone. Very very scary!
Randi (31), DH (31), DS (6), EDD 4/13/12
Team Green
16w2d

mnb311 replied to mlk240's response:
thanks everyone! i'm so sorry to hear that mlk240! how far along were you when that happened (how many weeks)?? I think I am about 7 weeks right now, but my first ob/gyn appointment is on Monday. i'm so anxious! i just hope everything is okay. i haven't had any symptoms like that or anything i think i'm just paranoid

mlk240 replied to mnb311's response:
I think I was about 7-8 weeks along based on my hcg levels, but I have PCOS and irregular cycles so I don't really know for sure.
Randi (31), DH (31), DS (6), EDD 4/13/12
Team Green
19w4d

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a full-time working mom to a 2 year old little girl. Been married 10.5 years to my hubby who is a farmer. Looking forward to expanding our family...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.