Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at CommunityManagement@webmd.net

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

symptom at 5 weeks
    mls1174 posted:
    Hello again, I just found out that I'm pregnant again. Not planned but excited and scared. I'm 4 weeks 4 days today from LMP. Today I noticed that I'm tried more today then last weeks and my breast are hurting a tad more then also. I've been pregnant be4. How many others here are feeling things this soon. I go to my OB intake Nov. 30 I'll be around 6 weeks then and cant wait. Also how much fish is to much. I eat fish and salmon twice a week. I know tuna is not good to eat a lot of. I also cut back on red meat but eat a lot of Chicken. Thanks everyone.

Northern_Girl responded:
    I was feeling very tired, with the sre breasts and all that about 3 weeks ago. My Primary Physician's office says I'm about 4 weeks along.

cshyronia responded:
    Yes its normal sore breast and tiredness are some of your first symptoms. I know samon is one of the fish that have high level of mercury. You should limit it. i read it on pg myths on web md

cshyronia responded:
    here is the link to the article http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/separating-pregnancy-myths-and-facts . it says recomended no more than 2 12 oz serviging a week

bbcntpa responded:
    Here's something from the 5th edition (2004)of "Your Pregnancy Week By Week" (pg 271):

Good Fish and Shellfish Choices. Below is a list of fish you can eat as often as you like during pregnancy:
    bass
    catfish
    cod
    croaker
    flounder
    freshwater perch
    haddock
    herring
    mackerel (not King mackerel)
    marlin
    ocean perch
    orange roughy
    Pacific halibut
    pollack
    red snapper
    salmon
    scrod
    sole

You may eat the following shellfish as often as you like IF you thoroughly cook them:
    clams
    crab
    lobster
    oysters
    scallops
    shrimp

Remember: DO NOT exceed a total of 12 ounces of fish a week!

It's been a few years since this edition was published and I don't know if they've changed any of the recommendations, but I hope this helps guide you until you can meet with your doctor and ask his/her opinion.
    Me (34), DH (38), DS(3), EDD 5/3/12 (but c-section end of April)

Spotlight: Member Stories

(My old siggy) LindzRenee 31, DH 36 - MC's 3/4, 4/6 and 10/26 at 12w2d. BFP 2/18!!! Stick little one stick

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
    Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    58 of 80 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.