Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

symptom at 5 weeks
mls1174 posted:
Hello again, I just found out that I'm pregnant again. Not planned but excited and scared. I'm 4 weeks 4 days today from LMP. Today I noticed that I'm tried more today then last weeks and my breast are hurting a tad more then also. I've been pregnant be4. How many others here are feeling things this soon. I go to my OB intake Nov. 30 I'll be around 6 weeks then and cant wait. Also how much fish is to much. I eat fish and salmon twice a week. I know tuna is not good to eat a lot of. I also cut back on red meat but eat a lot of Chicken. Thanks everyone.

Northern_Girl responded:
I was feeling very tired, with the sre breasts and all that about 3 weeks ago. My Primary Physician's office says I'm about 4 weeks along.

cshyronia responded:
Yes its normal sore breast and tiredness are some of your first symptoms. I know samon is one of the fish that have high level of mercury. You should limit it. i read it on pg myths on web md

cshyronia responded:
here is the link to the article http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/separating-pregnancy-myths-and-facts . it says recomended no more than 2 12 oz serviging a week

bbcntpa responded:
Here's something from the 5th edition (2004)of "Your Pregnancy Week By Week" (pg 271):

Good Fish and Shellfish Choices. Below is a list of fish you can eat as often as you like during pregnancy:
bass
catfish
cod
croaker
flounder
freshwater perch
haddock
herring
mackerel (not King mackerel)
marlin
ocean perch
orange roughy
Pacific halibut
pollack
red snapper
salmon
scrod
sole

You may eat the following shellfish as often as you like IF you thoroughly cook them:
clams
crab
lobster
oysters
scallops
shrimp

Remember: DO NOT exceed a total of 12 ounces of fish a week!

It's been a few years since this edition was published and I don't know if they've changed any of the recommendations, but I hope this helps guide you until you can meet with your doctor and ask his/her opinion.
Me (34), DH (38), DS(3), EDD 5/3/12 (but c-section end of April)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Found out in mid-June that I'm pregnant with my first child. Excited and nervous!

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 80 found this helpful