Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

symptom at 5 weeks
    mls1174 posted:
    Hello again, I just found out that I'm pregnant again. Not planned but excited and scared. I'm 4 weeks 4 days today from LMP. Today I noticed that I'm tried more today then last weeks and my breast are hurting a tad more then also. I've been pregnant be4. How many others here are feeling things this soon. I go to my OB intake Nov. 30 I'll be around 6 weeks then and cant wait. Also how much fish is to much. I eat fish and salmon twice a week. I know tuna is not good to eat a lot of. I also cut back on red meat but eat a lot of Chicken. Thanks everyone.

Northern_Girl responded:
    I was feeling very tired, with the sre breasts and all that about 3 weeks ago. My Primary Physician's office says I'm about 4 weeks along.

cshyronia responded:
    Yes its normal sore breast and tiredness are some of your first symptoms. I know samon is one of the fish that have high level of mercury. You should limit it. i read it on pg myths on web md

cshyronia responded:
    here is the link to the article http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/separating-pregnancy-myths-and-facts . it says recomended no more than 2 12 oz serviging a week

bbcntpa responded:
    Here's something from the 5th edition (2004)of "Your Pregnancy Week By Week" (pg 271):

Good Fish and Shellfish Choices. Below is a list of fish you can eat as often as you like during pregnancy:
    bass
    catfish
    cod
    croaker
    flounder
    freshwater perch
    haddock
    herring
    mackerel (not King mackerel)
    marlin
    ocean perch
    orange roughy
    Pacific halibut
    pollack
    red snapper
    salmon
    scrod
    sole

You may eat the following shellfish as often as you like IF you thoroughly cook them:
    clams
    crab
    lobster
    oysters
    scallops
    shrimp

Remember: DO NOT exceed a total of 12 ounces of fish a week!

It's been a few years since this edition was published and I don't know if they've changed any of the recommendations, but I hope this helps guide you until you can meet with your doctor and ask his/her opinion.
    Me (34), DH (38), DS(3), EDD 5/3/12 (but c-section end of April)

Spotlight: Member Stories

me 28, DH 28, DD 9/25/08, Baby #2 9/24/2010, two mini schnauzers!!! We are die hard Kansas State University fans and bleed PURPLE!!! GO STATE!

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
    New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    167 of 217 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.