Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

empty sac...
Anon_231573 posted:
im sooooo worried can someone please advise..went for my first ultrasound today im supposed to be six weeks along but there was an empty sac , got my lmp on nov twenty eight, doctor said is either to early or i may have a miscarrie...im soo confused has someone else been through this

Momobecca responded:
it's possible that you could be off on your dates. Did they do any blood work or tell you to come back in a few days? Even if you are just a few days off it could make a big difference in what is seen/isn't seen. Your baby could be the size of an apple seed and very hard to identify as of yet.

Djim86 replied to Momobecca's response:
yeah they took blood today and again on monday to see my numbers... its my first pregnancy so im just worried ... im sureon my dates i hope the baby was just to small..

sumis replied to Djim86's response:
I think your ovulation might be late .It happened to me as well but by 8 weeks they saw heartbeat .SO hang in there

Lots of sticky baby dust on you

seeshauna responded:
My Dr. saw me early...two days after I found out since I had a mc in September. According to my LMP I should have been about 6 weeks but when he did an internal u/s he said I am more like five weeks and that I probaby ovulated later. All he saw was a new yolk sac. I went back two weeks later and we saw the teeny tiny baby and it's heartbeat...so hopefully you're just super early. Did they tell you you HcG #'s after your bloodwork?

vgriffin0912 responded:
You very well could've O'd late. When pregnant with DD, I ovulated a week late, so I was a week off from my LMP EDD. This time, I was charting and knew my exact conception date. I have a u/s on Monday to verify my EDD though and make sure baby is healthy. Your OB should at least give you another u/s and the blood work can help out too.
ME (24), DH (31), DD (2), Peanut EDD 09/06/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

I will be celebrating my 55th birthday soon and my soon-to-be youngest daughter was born IN my heart, not under. That is to say we are adopting my gre...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.