Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Laying on your stomach/ right or left side
livlove04 posted:
Hello Ladies! Well this is my first time around riding the pregnancy train and I could'nt more excited! I am 7 weeks and counting and I wanted to know is it okay to still lay on your stomach? or should I be laying on my left/ right side?

hlvmom10 responded:
Well I am 6 weeks and when prego with DS. OB told me I could lay however I wanted to..however at around 10 weeks laying on my stomach was out of the question...very uncomfortable ..he also mentioned later...25weeks or so..you'll notice your heart beating harder..from all of the work your body is doing to support you and baby...to give it a break lay on your left side since it will be easier on your heart with the blood flow. Mine would flutter like crazy but 10 minutes or so of laying on my left side would calm it down.

B.

hoping101 responded:
Lay however you are comfortable. As you get bigger and obviously can't sleep on your stomach... left sided sleeping is recommended. It encourages better blood flow for your little one!!! I have a huge body pillow that I plan on using and it worked great with my first. It kept me positioned since I am a habitual stomach and back sleeper which are both "no no's" as your belly expands! Good Luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I found out on December 16, 2010 that I am pregnant with my first child. We are due around August 22nd, 2010. It is both exciting and scary at the sam...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.