Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Pregnant and can't sleep
light76 posted:
Hi,
I found last (2/4) Saturday through HPT that I am pregnant. My pregnancy was confirmed through a blood test this Monday(2/6). My doctor believes I am 3 weeks past conception or 5weeks LMP. My problem is I am having trouble sleeping. Since I found out I am pregnant I have completely stopped caffine. I get more tired too but I just cannot seem to fall asleep. My friend who was pregnant last year used to tell me that in the first trimester you get such good sleep that you sleep like a baby. Unfortunately I just am unable to sleep. Last night I slept for 1 1/2 hours total. I never had sleeping problems before.

Any advice would be appreciated.

sxychclt responded:
No need to worry. I'm in my first trimester as well. I'm always tired but have trouble sleeping as well. I heard that in your second trimester you will sleep better and have more energy than you did in the first.

light76 replied to sxychclt's response:
Thanks for the reply. I think I am not sleeping as I have had 2 miscarriages last year and am worried that this one might not end up that way.

Good luck

bloodcrazedflea responded:
was told that the vitiman melotonin is ok to take. its kind of a sleep aid so to say you take it 20 min befor bed and its supposed to relax you in to a natural sleep cycle

light76 replied to bloodcrazedflea's response:
Hello,
Thanks for the reply. I will ask my doctor about melotonin and will take it if she says it ok to.

capriciousangel31 responded:
for the last 3 days I have slept maybe 6 hours so I feel your pain. I also suffer from back pain and I asked my midwife about Valerian root cause I used to take it ( its an all natural muscle relaxer and sleep aid ) and she said its fine to take I just have to stop taking it around 36 weeks because it can prevent you from going into labor, great at stopping preterm labor though. most Walgreens sell it. just something else for you to keep in mind if the melotonin doesn't work

light76 replied to capriciousangel31's response:
Thanks for the reply. I slept well yesterday night. So I am thinking I will go another week before considering medications.

Thanks for the info though. I will keep both medicines in mind.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Amy (29) DH (30) m/c ^Friday^ 11/05, DS (3) ^Jeremiah David^ 8/14/09 - 08/17/09 died of Anencephaly. MTHFR to separate markers, on Baby Aspirin and Fo...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.