Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Seasoned moms... a bit off topic
hoping101 posted:
I have an 18 month old who sleeps in a crib at home and on a mat at day care. I want to give the new baby my sons crib and transition my 18 month old over to a toddler bed. With that said... I found an awesome little toddler bed for him but am not sure about a bedding set. At this age is it acceptable for him to start using a blanket? I was so paranoid about SIDS that he has never slept with anything ever!!! Your opinions would be greatly appreciated!

scarolinarn responded:
I would say it's fine. Our little guy is a little over 2 and he has a blanket for a while and now even a pillow.

mwhite80 responded:
You can't defiinetly use a blanket. I use one with my 1 year old and she is fine. You might want to wait until after he falls asleep and then cover him at first you can even try a pillow or stuffed animal too
Madeline(31)DH(30)-DS Paul(4), DD Isabella (11 months), HPT 1/07/12

hlvmom10 responded:
my son has been using a pillow and blanket since he was 13 months old. It's fine

cjl0510 responded:
My little guy is 2 and has been sleeping with a blanket for about 6 months now. It's his comfort. He always has to have his blanket and teddy bear, and he falls right to sleep. If you are nervous at first, you can always get those 'crocheted' type ones that you can breathe easy through.

SNB24 responded:
At daycare center's if they are not in a crib, once they are one, they can have a blanket. So, I would say that a bed would be fine to allow your 18 month old to sleep with a blanket.

Number32012 responded:
I would say go for it, love. My son is 17 months and has been sleeping with a blanket his entire life. He even has a pillow now ( a large spongebob pillowpet to be exact). With my eldest I did the same.
-Samantha(32),DH(29),DS(7),DSD(3),DS(1)
EDD 9/21/12

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Number32012's response:
Lurking from the 4&5 board - I saw it's fine too! If you're feeling anxiety, tuck the blanket (or comforter) into the bottom of the mattress so you won't worry about getting tangled in it.

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Nicole and I have been married to my husband Nate for 7 years. We have two boys named Luke and Alex. We thought we were done having kids un...More

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful