Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

First prenatal appointment
mwhite80 posted:
Well it was long, getting all the family info and on my past pregnancies and stuff. But the highlight of the appointment was getting to hear my baby's heartbeat. the doctor says I am 10 or 11 weeks pregnant since that is when the heartbeat can be heard on the doppler. Next we have our ultrasound on Feb 23. Can't wait!!
Madeline(31)DH(30)-DS Paul(4), DD Isabella (11 months), HPT 1/07/12

korin81 responded:
Yayy! I cannot wait for mine, I have awhile though lol (March 27th). Glad everything is going well
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(13 months), EDD: 10/18/12

Zaysmama replied to korin81's response:
well glad you had an exciting first prenatal visit. Mine was on Feb 6th and they just went over everything and did a pap.. Said they wouldn't try to hear the baby until i was atleast 12 weeks and I was only 9... blah... But i am scheduled to have an ultrasound done tomorrow to verify the EDD..
March 27th is a long wait, how far along are you Korin81?

vybe77 replied to Zaysmama's response:
March 27th is a long wait Zaysmama..I am in the same situation my 1st appt. is April 2nd and I will be about 12 weeks by then (am now 5 weeks)..
For me though it is the norm in the province where I live in Canada..

korin81 replied to Zaysmama's response:
I am 5 weeks now....They did a phone interview and we did all the looooong paperwork that way. I thought it was pretty far out as well, even for a 1st one. This is my first time going through civlian doctors. Normally the military ones have you come in right away for a preggo test then blood work and such. So this will be a slightly different experience for me.
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(13 months), EDD: 10/18/12

Zaysmama replied to korin81's response:
Well all the waiting should pay off because at your first visit you will get to hear the baby's heart beat, which i was unable to do at my 8week appt...
I had my first ultrasound yesterday though and I got to see the little one and hear the heart beat loud and clear.
I was estimating about 10 wks and 3 days yesterday based on LMP, but the man doing the U/S said that he thought I was about 9 wks 4 days... pushing my due date back to 9/15/2012... DHs B-day is the 17th so he is really hoping for a birthday baby!

RobynMia replied to vybe77's response:
I know sometimes it difficult to get prenatal early however, if you can push up the appointment it could benefit you and your baby if there is a problem. i.e. blood clots, thyroid disorders, etc. I couldn't get my appointment until week 8.5 and I knew I was pregnant within the first month. I ended up having some problems that could effect my baby later on. I am just a rare case however you never know. Good luck. Congratulations!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi there, I'm Ty and am momma to Orion aka "Monkey", he's 11. I am currently a lead preschool teacher but will be a stay at home mom...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.