Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

2/14/12 First Appointment
Number32012 posted:
I had my 1st appointment on 2/14/12 and it was ETERNAL!!! lol I am scheduled for my NT screen and growth scan on 3/20/12 but because I am high risk I had to do about a thousand labs. I am doing a 24 hour urine, I had my one-hour sugar test, (which I failed...lol..I have NEVER passed a one hour. I always have to do the three hour) and the phlebotomist had to fill about 7 tubes. On Monday I have to turn in my urine and have a creatine draw and my 3-hour sugar. Its a pain in the butt but at least my ob/gyn is making sure everything is good with my and my LO.

However, with all of this attention, it is obvious to me that the 3rd time is a charm. I'm getting a tubal after this LO..(to use a line from Lethal Weapon "I'm too old for this stuff!") lol

Later ladies!!!
-Samantha(32),DH(29),DS(7),DSD(3),DS(1)
EDD 9/21/12

korin81 responded:
You sound like me lol, I told my husband someone is getting fixed after...or before...this one is born! I am not looking forward to all the labs and the GD again! I had to take insulin last time and I would love not to have to poke my fingers all day, but I know that will never be the case. I manged the GD diet with my 1st but nothing I could do last round was working.

I am also dealing my L4/L5 herniated disk so it good times. I also had to deal with Hyperemesis Gravidarum with both kids and was on meds until I had my daughter. So far I am trying to focus on my kids, work and hobbies in an attempt to not think of morning sickness -.
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(13 months), EDD: 10/18/12

vybe77 replied to korin81's response:
Haha ladies this subject makes me laugh because in '08 when we were pregnant with DS we said the very same thing..someone was getting fixed because he was our 4th and we were certain we did not want any more afterwards..and here I am 5 weeks along and loving the fact that I did leave this option open to us.. secretly I think I may want 1 more afterwards hihi..
I am 34 now and will be 35 by the time this LO is here but who knows right..

Number32012 replied to vybe77's response:
Don't get me wrong...I absolutely love being pregnant and the thought of a new little one just warms my soul but all of this high risk stuff is a bit much! lol I had actually signed tubal paperwork with DS#2 but because he was 2 weeks early, the order wasn't active yet (stupid insurance thing) and I couldn't get it done at delivery and would have had to come in for a pre op appt and a labs appt and something else before the surgery. (I wish I would have with a brand new baby) A 4 child household works for us...I don't think we can do anything bigger.
-Samantha(32),DH(29),DS(7),DSD(3),DS(1)
EDD 9/21/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Gina. I am 29 years old but will be 30 years old when my LO makes his or her debut. I am originally from northeast Louisiana but currently ...More

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.