Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

forth charmer..
Anon_57849 posted:
hi all, i did a home test and it turned out positive and after using the webmd due date calculator, am probably 5weeks into pregnancy. this will be my forth baby and my third is just 7months old.
about 2-3 weeks ago i was spotting and had a weird feeling in my cervical area, it was not a pain really but was very uncomfortable while peeing. i only felt it when peeing. at the time i thought it was wierd am spotting and i had just had my periods barely 2 weeks prior. i spotted probably 2times but the uncomfy feeling was theire for about 4-5 days later. eventually it went away and nothing after that. so just yesterday i tested and am worried since it turned to be positive and wondering what was that i was having??...i did not know i was pregnant at the time. My first Dr. appointment is in mid April. should i be worried? i did have MC abt 6yrs ago (have 2 kids after that)...
Also, since its just 7mo since i was last Pregnant, is it normal that i have no preganncy signs yet?my baby still breastfeeds so i donno about breats getting tender? and will my milk dissappear in preparation for a new one? im jst confused and worried.... happy to be preggos again...but wow...

vybe77 responded:
Hi anon57849..first congrats on the BFP!! The spotting was probably implantation bleeding and the sensation while peeing could have been a urinary infection..I also am 5 weeks along and I also had the spotting for 1 and a half days and I think I remember an itchy sensation for a few days afterwards..then I found out I was pregnant..
I also have to wait til April 2nd for my 1st OB appt..where abouts do you live..I am in Canada so the appt. being that far is normal around here..
I would not worry too much (as if we ever could do that!!) if you are not experiencing any pain or discomfort and also if you have no spotting then things should be progressing good..
As for symptoms I am also at a lack for some and I also have been wondering if it meant that there might be a problem..all the nurses I have spoken to at my OBs office say to stay calm and not to worry too much..some women are just lucky and have no symptoms and some women will start getting the symptoms just later on..around week 6-8 is when it might start..
I hope I was able to help you a little and please keep me posted on your situation..good luck

KimberlyHall2015 replied to vybe77's response:
Congratulations! I'm lurking from the 2nd trimester boards. I am pregnant with my third child. I think 5 wks is still pretty early to have symptoms. I did not start noticing changes until probably closer to week 7. After that it got progressively more intense as the weeks went on. Give it some time. I'm sure you will be feeling pregnant very soon.

noreenwa replied to vybe77's response:
thanks vybe77, thats very consoling coz wondered there for a long minute..... i live in the midwest and hence quite a routine here too.... as for the symptoms, well justa persisitent headache is what am dealing with lately...otherwise am just dealing with my 7mo old !! should be fun! ..thanks again and good luck to you too!! plus congrats!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married to a wonderful man, Jaron, since October 2008. We are expecting our first child June 2011 and we are super excited! I graduate fro...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.