Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

LOA IN 1ST TRI?
hlvmom10 posted:
Question.

Are you getting an LOA during your first tri? My doctors office used to have us ( patients) sign a form that stated that Pregnancy was not a medical condition...and would not give LOA's ..unless it was medically necessary.. he currently bought out the entire practice and I didnt have to sign the form yesterday.. I would like to have one this go around.. morning sickness soooooooo bad...

What are your thoughts..

B.

mwhite80 responded:
What is an LOA?
Madeline(31)DH(30)-DS Paul(4), DD Isabella (11 months), HPT 1/07/12

hlvmom10 replied to mwhite80's response:
LEAVE OF ABSENCE. For work...or an ILOA..Intermittant Leave Of Absence...having a tough time with being sick..or whatever reason, you can call into work and it doesnt count against you..since it's covered under an ILOA..has to be filled out by a doctor..I know several women who get them early on..and use LOA for maternity leave.

mwhite80 responded:
I knew someone who ended up taking half days during her first trimester into her second due to extreme morning sickness. She did this for 6 weeks i believe. She just couldnt get through a full 8 hour shift. Good luck i hope all works out for you.
Madeline(31)DH(30)-DS Paul(4), DD Isabella (11 months), HPT 1/07/12

vikkidavixen replied to mwhite80's response:
this is pregnancy # 2, 10yrs apart, and i'm having more morning sickness now then i did with my son, i am afraid it's going to come down to me taking a loa...with my first i didnt work for the first 4months and wouldn't have went back if it wasn't for a B6 folic acid vitamin, it saved my weight and my life..

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Everyone - My name is Becky and I have been married to my wonderful husband since Jan 2003. We were married young (23) so we wanted to wait a while...More

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.