Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

LOA IN 1ST TRI?
hlvmom10 posted:
Question.

Are you getting an LOA during your first tri? My doctors office used to have us ( patients) sign a form that stated that Pregnancy was not a medical condition...and would not give LOA's ..unless it was medically necessary.. he currently bought out the entire practice and I didnt have to sign the form yesterday.. I would like to have one this go around.. morning sickness soooooooo bad...

What are your thoughts..

B.

mwhite80 responded:
What is an LOA?
Madeline(31)DH(30)-DS Paul(4), DD Isabella (11 months), HPT 1/07/12

hlvmom10 replied to mwhite80's response:
LEAVE OF ABSENCE. For work...or an ILOA..Intermittant Leave Of Absence...having a tough time with being sick..or whatever reason, you can call into work and it doesnt count against you..since it's covered under an ILOA..has to be filled out by a doctor..I know several women who get them early on..and use LOA for maternity leave.

mwhite80 responded:
I knew someone who ended up taking half days during her first trimester into her second due to extreme morning sickness. She did this for 6 weeks i believe. She just couldnt get through a full 8 hour shift. Good luck i hope all works out for you.
Madeline(31)DH(30)-DS Paul(4), DD Isabella (11 months), HPT 1/07/12

vikkidavixen replied to mwhite80's response:
this is pregnancy # 2, 10yrs apart, and i'm having more morning sickness now then i did with my son, i am afraid it's going to come down to me taking a loa...with my first i didnt work for the first 4months and wouldn't have went back if it wasn't for a B6 folic acid vitamin, it saved my weight and my life..

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Randi, and I have been married to my college sweetheart since Nov 2004. I have PCOS. We welcomed our son in January 2005. My son kicked som...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful