Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Brushing teeth and throwing up
beckie_33 posted:
I try and brush my teeth and I throw up. I can't use toothpaste because that just makes it worse. I always wait about an hour or two after I eat so I don't throw up as much.

Anyone else have this problem and what did you do?

BridgetBurke responded:
I had that problem with DS. I found if I sipped on ginger ale and ate 2 saltines before I even got out of bed, then used mouthwash, then GENTLY brushed my teeth with a mild mint paste, not gel toothpaste I was ok. I did not have the same problem this time around. Hope you find out what works for you!

KimberlyHall2015 responded:
Hi! I'm lurking from the 3rd trimester. I'm still having problems with this as well and I have found that the cinnamon flavored toothpaste is a little better for me and I try not to use a huge amount. The more it foams the worse it is.

daisie1018 replied to KimberlyHall2015's response:
Thanks ladies. I've been brushing my teeth before I eat with a small amount of toothpaste. I find that I can brush a little longer. I brush again after I eat without toothpaste. It seems to help some. It is nice to know that this is something i'll have to deal with the entire pregnancy.

oliviaandjoe responded:
Hi Beckie,
I decided to use my 4 yr olds bubble gum toothpaste after having an awful week of brushing and Nassau. It has worked great and seems to clean just as good! Hope it helps!

beckie_33 replied to oliviaandjoe's response:
I bought some cinnamon flavor toothpaste and It seems to be helping. I've thought about trying toothpaste for kids because it's milder, but I don't think I could do the bubble gum flavor.

Spotlight: Member Stories

hey everyone. im 4 wks and 2 days along now with my first baby, so far everything has been good with it except the headaches, nausea, and some light c...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.