Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Brushing teeth and throwing up
beckie_33 posted:
I try and brush my teeth and I throw up. I can't use toothpaste because that just makes it worse. I always wait about an hour or two after I eat so I don't throw up as much.

Anyone else have this problem and what did you do?

BridgetBurke responded:
I had that problem with DS. I found if I sipped on ginger ale and ate 2 saltines before I even got out of bed, then used mouthwash, then GENTLY brushed my teeth with a mild mint paste, not gel toothpaste I was ok. I did not have the same problem this time around. Hope you find out what works for you!

KimberlyHall2015 responded:
Hi! I'm lurking from the 3rd trimester. I'm still having problems with this as well and I have found that the cinnamon flavored toothpaste is a little better for me and I try not to use a huge amount. The more it foams the worse it is.

daisie1018 replied to KimberlyHall2015's response:
Thanks ladies. I've been brushing my teeth before I eat with a small amount of toothpaste. I find that I can brush a little longer. I brush again after I eat without toothpaste. It seems to help some. It is nice to know that this is something i'll have to deal with the entire pregnancy.

oliviaandjoe responded:
Hi Beckie,
I decided to use my 4 yr olds bubble gum toothpaste after having an awful week of brushing and Nassau. It has worked great and seems to clean just as good! Hope it helps!

beckie_33 replied to oliviaandjoe's response:
I bought some cinnamon flavor toothpaste and It seems to be helping. I've thought about trying toothpaste for kids because it's milder, but I don't think I could do the bubble gum flavor.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I were trying for over 2 years, and did a bunch of treatments to get pregnant, but we finally are! I'm just past 5 weeks and both e...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful